Author Topic: Hello from southwest Scotland  (Read 5538 times)

antandjoe

Hello from southwest Scotland
« on: 10:31:30, 16/06/08 »
Hi there.

Recently joined the group and thought I'd introduce myself.  I'm Anthony and with my partner, Joseph, have just moved up to beautiful Dumfries and Galloway, from Harrogate in Yorkshire. We've been busy setting up a new business (guesthouse and holiday rentals), so have had little time for 'proper' walks since moving up, but from the little tasters we have had are really looking forward to exploring the Galloway Hills, as well as various coastal paths etc.
If there's anyone else in the area - or visiting - give us a shout to compare notes on routes etc. or maybe even meet up.

Anthony
Peaceful retreats in Dumfries and Galloway!
http://idlehourholidays.co.uk [nofollow]

Lupine-Andy

Re: Hello from southwest Scotland
« Reply #1 on: 19:30:21, 16/06/08 »
Hi Anthony and Joseph

I've only been walking up near you guys once before (we went up Merrick for my friend Merrick's birthday) But it was a fine walk.

At the time Trail magazine had a competition whereby you could win something if you sent (tasteful) pictures of yourself naked in the hills. We opted to get a load us us floating face down in the 'murder hole' I think (anyway it was on the way down and was where brigands threw their victims or something). Unfortunately it was shallow and easily churned up so the first people in turned the water black :-(

Not sure if we ever sent the pictures off in the end, oh well.

Welcome to the Forums.

Andy
Lupine Adventure Co-operative
Map reading and mountain navigation courses in Yorkshire and Cumbria
Duke of Edinburgh Award Expeditions
www.lupineadventure.co.uk [nofollow]

ogy

« Reply #2 on: 22:42:11, 16/06/08 »
Welcome to the forum

I was working in Harrogate on Friday, how bad is the traffic on that bloody main ring road ;)
Good luck with the business

Ogy
There is no such thing as bad weather, only inappropriate clothing. - Sir Ranulph Fiennes

antandjoe

« Reply #3 on: 09:14:49, 17/06/08 »
I was working in Harrogate on Friday, how bad is the traffic on that bloody main ring road ;)
Why do you think we moved to Galloway!!!  After taking almost an hour some days for Joe to get the 3 miles from our house to his work at the hospital, it's an absolute delight to live where three cars in a row constitutes a traffic jam ;D

Anthony
Peaceful retreats in Dumfries and Galloway!
http://idlehourholidays.co.uk [nofollow]

Walking Englishman

« Reply #4 on: 11:54:17, 07/09/08 »
Hello, I live in Harrogate and I can report the traffic is as bad as ever. Just been up to Scotland for a fortnight and got in a few walks including one in Dumfries and Galloway. Great walking area so under rated.

http://www.walkingenglishman.com/scotland.htm
I'm a walker on the edge of my perception. We're all travellers at the edge of our perceptions.

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy