Author Topic: Y3P Tomorrow  (Read 6598 times)

tonyk

• Veteran Member
Re: Y3P Tomorrow
« Reply #15 on: 17:46:10, 01/07/08 »

Ogy,

Was the manager in his seventies and dressed like Fred Dibnah? When I have stayed there he has always been very friendly and not put up with any nonsense.Okay,the site was bit noisy but I can't imagine him getting [censored] up in someone's tent and then giving a customer a slap. ;D

ogy

« Reply #16 on: 19:23:13, 01/07/08 »
Tony, yup thats the one, he wasn't the one that went to slap the teacher though, he just sat in the tent or stood at its door whilst it all went on, he was hammered too.

The one who was starting and giving all the abuse looked like a cross between Benny from crossroads and Compo!!! He claimed to live on the site, I think he may work there as he was there when I arrived in work gear The actual manager came over to check everything was alright and just basically denied everything that just happened saying drink affects some people differently like it was o.k. to attack people, shout sexist abuse at female campers, call me every name under the sun!!!! Personally, I think the effect drink has on him is in question!!!

At the end of the day it's his business and lots of people were paying him to be kept awake and verbally abused, he could have ended it anytime, The first time I went over was at midnight, I was clearly [censored] off and he should have realised that everybody on the site was too at that point and wrapped it up, However the noise went on till 3am. Just no consideration whatsoever.

The manager seemed friendly enough when I first got to the site, but as he said, drink affects people differently, turns out, it makes him and his pitbull workers into [censored].

I'm not just been whingy, I really didn't want to even go over and mention it but there was some young lads next to me getting upset about it and many others were just to scared to go over and confront such a crowd. The abuse I got was over the top, compo just repeatedly told me to f#ck off and called me a one eyed c@nt ( I had a detached retina as a kid and my left eye is a bit more closed than my right) the female teacher was told to get her t!ts out and all this with a campsite full of young 'uns doing their d.o.e.

I'm still sosososo miffed about it
There is no such thing as bad weather, only inappropriate clothing. - Sir Ranulph Fiennes

tonyk

• Veteran Member
« Reply #17 on: 20:54:18, 01/07/08 »
  The best way of getting back at him is to plaster adverse publicity all over the net.I would also contact the DOE organisers and make sure they are aware of the problem and can make sure schools don't book the site.By rights the owner,and his employees,should be CRB checked if they are running facilities for children.

Ridge

• Veteran Member
« Reply #18 on: 09:33:45, 02/07/08 »
 By rights the owner,and his employees,should be CRB checked if they are running facilities for children.
I'm not sure that this is quite correct as they are running facilities which are used by children which is a slightly different thing. But hopefully whoever was organising the DoE group will never be back and advise others not to do so.

tonyk

• Veteran Member
« Reply #19 on: 12:40:19, 03/07/08 »
 Nothing like a bit of free publicity! ;D

http://www.coast2coast.co.uk/ubb/Forum8/HTML/000336.html

Mr. Blister

• Veteran Member
« Reply #20 on: 17:46:21, 03/07/08 »
p.s. Blister, you brave [censored], I can't believe you used them showers........ and paid a quid lol, It looked like he'd gone in and thrown urinal freshners round like it was chicken feed.

LOL, after going to Download Festival last year (where my showers consisted of tipping a bowl of cold water on my head), the showers at Holme Farm didn't seem that bad!

Crap!  Man, I feel real bad about this, afterall it was kind of me that reccomended the place.  Maybe I should have said that I use ear plugs, and so didn't hear a thing.  I thought the owner was eccentric but harmless enough.  Now I shall avoid the place.  I am kind of considering doing the Y3P again in July, and was probably going to stay there again, but if I do decided on the walk I will make sure that I will be staying somewhere else.

Sorry, man!  :(

walkinggirluk

• Veteran Member
« Reply #21 on: 20:13:03, 03/07/08 »
Am a bit fortunate than as he always been OK with me. And  never had cross bearing. The only time we had a problem at this campsite was with a bunch of loud DoE group!!! But nothing like that.  I do know he as a huge tent at the top end of the field which he dose stand,sit in overlooking the tramp-site were on one occasion have I seen him have a few beers or whatever.... But nothing over the top!!! Than he re-site to his house.  And have always come across friendly with most folk.  I can see where your coming from and isn't going to be tremendously good for his business if this keeps reoccurring...  Plus once peeps start making bad judgement about a campsite it hangs around like a bad smell.  And people start looking else where to stay.  He'll notice the huge lost in his pocket!!! Believe me, on say this I've found it to be a great little campsite.  The owner a bit wacky to it mildly but were all strange folk in our own way HEHEHEHE.  :D :crazy2: :uglystupid2:
peace and tranquillity in the countryside. clean your rubbish up after you  respect it.

clean it bin it

ogy

« Reply #22 on: 20:28:11, 03/07/08 »
Loving the free publicity ;)

The problem I have with the owner was the fact he flaat out denied there had been a problem when he was clearly watching it. I found him a nice enough bloke when I arrived and he came over to check 'we were winning'
My main problem is the mongrel workers and mates he lets run ragged on the site. Have you noticed a campervan t25 that looks like a ferjian cow(Kath written on the side), that was where a lot of the problem laid. She was horrible, just a nasty vicious hill billy with her poncy gobby fella.

So you having another pop blister, you going for the 12 hour, walking girl,have you completed it in the 12 hours before

There is no such thing as bad weather, only inappropriate clothing. - Sir Ranulph Fiennes

tonyk

• Veteran Member
« Reply #23 on: 00:09:49, 04/07/08 »
 To be honest I have always found the owner to be friendly and have often chatted with him.My only gripe is that if he wants to run a site in that manner he should make people aware of what they are buying into.Its great if you want an all night [censored]-up,but hell if you have got to get up at 7am and walk 25 miles.Last time I did the Pennine Way(2005) I slept on the summit of Fountains Fell in one of the shake holes and then walked down to Horton for breakfast.Provided its not windy the summit of Fountains is a fine place to camp.

walkinggirluk

• Veteran Member
« Reply #24 on: 00:47:46, 04/07/08 »
I have completed it within the 12 hour before at 11 hour as I was fairly unfit at the time.... As I just got into hiking/walking... So was a diffcult task for me I must say. But jolly good fun we would of made it in more time but unfortunately I fell in to the bog right upto my neck 'well knees really'
peace and tranquillity in the countryside. clean your rubbish up after you  respect it.

clean it bin it

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy