Author Topic: Leatherman  (Read 2978 times)

Ronin83

Re: Leatherman
« Reply #15 on: 21:39:00, 11/10/19 »
If they fail to remove it, it will be removed by the Council.

You may believe in and follow the laws and rules of authorities who so often let us down. To me it only matters what makes sense and is just. Sorry I don't share your faith.

Mel

• Veteran Member
« Reply #16 on: 21:51:39, 11/10/19 »
I don't care what the leatherman says when the leatherman says it's raining....

sussamb

• Veteran Member
« Reply #17 on: 07:35:24, 12/10/19 »
You're entitled to remove any obstruction of a right of way, so if the barbed wire is an obstruction you can remove it, even if it means cutting it but there are caveats.  You can only clear enough of an obstruction so you can pass and you have a duty of care, if for example your actions allowed animals to escape then you'd be on dodgy ground.
Where there's a will ...

ninthace

• Veteran Member
« Reply #18 on: 10:27:42, 12/10/19 »
You're entitled to remove any obstruction of a right of way, so if the barbed wire is an obstruction you can remove it, even if it means cutting it but there are caveats.  You can only clear enough of an obstruction so you can pass and you have a duty of care, if for example your actions allowed animals to escape then you'd be on dodgy ground.
And you have to be certain it is a Public Right Of Way
Solvitur Ambulando

sussamb

• Veteran Member
« Reply #19 on: 17:34:09, 12/10/19 »
And you have to be certain it is a Public Right Of Way

O0
Where there's a will ...

Slogger

• Veteran Member
« Reply #20 on: 17:11:26, 13/10/19 »
He got lost it wasn't obstructing a ROW, and a locked blade 'is' ilegal, carrying any knife is ilegal unless you have a good reason for doing so, it must be a folding type and no longer than 3 inches. I used to carry my carpet fitting 'Stanley' type knife in its scabard located in a special pocket on my trouser leg. You don't think when going into town whilst work for some lunch and it's still there. Workmen using knives etc have the excuse whilst working but they can't wander about with with them on their person.
« Last Edit: 17:14:46, 13/10/19 by Slogger »

EnglishHiker

« Reply #21 on: 19:22:33, 25/10/19 »
I have a Gerber but leave it at home for day hikes. As others have mentioned, I also carry a small pocket knife. It's useful for light cutting tasks (the most mine sees is food packaging...) Never once had the need for the Gerber, which is also much heavier.
I do take the Gerber when I go camping though.
Check out my new blog at
www.EnglishHiker.co.uk [nofollow]

NeilC

• Veteran Member
« Reply #22 on: 18:32:25, 08/11/19 »
carrying any knife is ilegal unless you have a good reason for doing so, it must be a folding type and no longer than 3 inches.

That's not correct. If it fits the criteria you mentioned: folding, non-locking and with a cutting edge of 3" or less, then you don't need a reason to carry one. I carry one everywhere.

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy