Author Topic: Basic Tips for walking Abroad?  (Read 2549 times)

Pitboot

Re: Basic Tips for walking Abroad?
« Reply #15 on: 09:55:15, 13/02/19 »

As it happens, both items I don't usually take on short walking breaks.

I was looking very quickly at acceptable items...and not even sure a disposable safety razor acceptable.

I always carry a plastic disposable safety razor in my carry on baggage, never had a problem flying to Hungary, Spain, Romania, Portugal, you should be ok going to Eire.

vizzavona

• Veteran Member
« Reply #16 on: 15:48:13, 13/02/19 »
Travel with  a Frenchwoman who can also get by with Italian and Spanish....takes all the strain of fumbling around in a foreign language and does 'open doors' on many occasions.

pauldawes

• Veteran Member
« Reply #17 on: 16:16:40, 13/02/19 »
Travel with  a Frenchwoman who can also get by with Italian and Spanish....takes all the strain of fumbling around in a foreign language and does 'open doors' on many occasions.

Lol.

That sounds like wonderful advice...if only I could follow it....

pauldawes

• Veteran Member
« Reply #18 on: 16:17:58, 13/02/19 »

I always carry a plastic disposable safety razor in my carry on baggage, never had a problem flying to Hungary, Spain, Romania, Portugal, you should be ok going to Eire.

I’ll pack a couple then, no hardship if I have to bin them at airport.

Maggot

« Reply #19 on: 18:11:05, 18/02/19 »
If you are taking a rucksack that is going in the hold, get a biggish rubble sack from a builders merchant.  Pop it in, remembering to put another one in for the journey home, and gaffa tape it up.  Keeps everything under control and lessens the chance of the straps getting caught and damaged.

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy