Author Topic: T/R Edging our way  (Read 5590 times)

Glyders

• Veteran Member
T/R Edging our way
« on: 23:56:29, 23/04/12 »
Catbells and I were both fed up on Friday night and itching to get out for walk but thought we'd have to give it a miss this weekend because family commitments. One of mine being to take my son back to uni in Sheffield.

But then Catbells says, "Why don't I come with you and we can do a walk too".

"Yeah, lets go for it!" I says.   Just love Catbell's spontaneity  O0

So we set off with our wet weather gear and rucksacks.  Oh, and my son and all his stuff too and we set off for a long drive and a medium walk.  We had a slight set back when my son decided five miles down the road that he'd left his ipod at home and on going back to get it he found when he got out of the car that he'd been sitting on it.  :tickedoff: Luckily we still got to Sheffield in good time and after dropping no.1 son and his stuff off, we made our way along the A625 and the start of our walk at Froggatt Edge.  As we were only out for the day and having a 6hr round journey, I chose an easy going walk of 9 miles taking in Froggatt, Curbar and Baslow Edge.  Then we dropped down to the lower levels through fields and the villages of Curbar and Froggatt and ended our walk along the River Derwent and finally Hay Wood. 

We really enjoyed our few hours of freedom taking in a good mix of scenery and terrain before heading off home back to the usual family dilemma's such as Catbell's son phoning her not far into the journey to say he couldn't get in because he'd forgotten his keys - kids dontcha just luv 'em ;D

Through woodland on our way to Froggatt Edge

Catbells enjoying the sunshine ;D

Catbells getting fed up of the sunshine  ;)

The rain gives a lovely affect on the landscape  :)

OK, I wasn't so sure at the time  ???

At the end of Curbar Edge we turned a corner and thought how lovely this looked

Rain gone, sun out, Yay! 

Catbells by Wellington's monument

We were meant be going the other way but couldn't resist going up and having a look at these fellas

Lady Well Well

E R

Return journey below Baslow Edge

Mmm, yes, gloopy seems a good word (the path not Catbells)

This place would suit me very well

The River Derwent

The last part of our walk through Hay Wood

I could quite easily have a little paddle here but a three hour journey home was beckoning

Catbells took some much nicer pictures than mine so hopefully she can't add one or two

Thankyou Catbells for your company, it made the long uni trip much less of a chore O0
« Last Edit: 13:42:55, 30/10/13 by Chris »

angry climber

• Account Closed
Re: T/R Edging our way
« Reply #1 on: 05:03:05, 24/04/12 »
I love a bit of spontaneity its good for the soul. Glad you had a good time despite the weather. Thanks for posting  O0
Never judge someone by the opinion of others find out for yourself.

Catbells

• Veteran Member
« Reply #2 on: 07:00:46, 24/04/12 »
Thats an excellant trip report Sioban made me chuckle.  I was a fab day out and the weather was a doddle, in fact it turned out very warm towards the end.  Oh and the Macdonalds was very welcome on the way home, lol!!

Catbells, a truly lovely walk

yeti

• Veteran Member
« Reply #3 on: 12:53:57, 24/04/12 »
I love a bit of spontaneity its good for the soul.
I agree with that O0 .
Unplanned is always the best route. You find those places you wouldn't otherwise see. A planned walk you always something coming up.
A really nice TR with plenty of sun to cheer us up O0 :D .
R.I.P. Dave.

Trenchfoot

• Veteran Member
« Reply #4 on: 13:07:00, 24/04/12 »
Glad you both managed to nick a nice walk, and I bet you are both glad you took your waterproofs by the looks of things. The photo of the long horned moo cows is my fave. !  O0
roll on the weekend

Catbells

• Veteran Member
« Reply #5 on: 19:04:29, 24/04/12 »

Some more photo's albeit a bit jumbled  :D

Micky

• Veteran Member
« Reply #6 on: 20:01:07, 24/04/12 »
Great pictures and trip reports ladies, pity about the weather but then again that's a really nice area whatever the weather. There are some fantastic views up on the edges along with some very strange and weird rock formations.  O0
Expect the best, prepare for the worst.

aljones27

• Veteran Member
« Reply #7 on: 20:27:33, 24/04/12 »
Lovely!

I've been meaning to walk those edges for a while but not got round to it. Later this year maybe...
Wainwrights: 17

Remember to keep smiling...
It really freaks people out as they wonder what you are up to...

http://alastairsmiscellany.blogspot.com

bear.cub

• Veteran Member
« Reply #8 on: 20:37:10, 24/04/12 »
Chuckle, chuckle O0 O0 O0
I've never known such a bear for getting in a mess. Mr Brown referencing Paddington Bear

Glyders

• Veteran Member
« Reply #9 on: 20:42:47, 24/04/12 »
You can see your camera is so much better than mine Donna :D   Nice to see some different pictures too.

Exit5man

• Veteran Member
« Reply #10 on: 22:00:47, 24/04/12 »
As we were only out for the day and having a 6hr round journey, I chose an easy going walk of 9 miles taking in Froggatt, Curbar and Baslow Edge.   O0
Is there such a thing as an easy going nine mile walk sandwiched inbetween a six hour drive .Great report and photo's from you both .Some of the facial expression's in the rain looked as if you were thinking " have we dropped a clanger here".
At least the sun come out towards the end of the walk and you got some views  .
Thanks for sharing . O0
Everyday when i wake up i thank the Lord im Welsh .

Never walk under a black cat :-)

amnesiacjimmy

• Veteran Member
« Reply #11 on: 22:16:07, 24/04/12 »
Hey that warmed the cockles of me heart to see 2 of me long distance buddies out together, what  a lovely idea to get out like that!  O0 O0 O0 Love the sunshine thing you got going there.  8)   Id have joined yo u if id have known  O0 (if you d wanted !)
12 songs enjoy while posting and browsing on 'ere  :)   http://tinyurl.com/3rd9vey -

More stuff on Itunes:   http://tinyurl.com/3phvnla

dittzzy

• Veteran Member
« Reply #12 on: 23:54:22, 24/04/12 »
I love gloopy, the cattle and the smiles. Lovely TR ladies.  You keep putting them together, and I'll keep reading them.   O0 O0 

Catbells

• Veteran Member
« Reply #13 on: 06:46:34, 25/04/12 »

Forgot this one, this was towards the end of the walk, it was a long trudge up the slippery muddy hill, this tree was absolutely massive, branches everywhere, well I found it interesting  :D

Catbells

• Veteran Member
« Reply #14 on: 06:50:46, 25/04/12 »
Hey that warmed the cockles of me heart to see 2 of me long distance buddies out together, what  a lovely idea to get out like that!  O0 O0 O0 Love the sunshine thing you got going there.  8)   Id have joined yo u if id have known  O0 (if you d wanted !)

Tks it really was lovely I love the rocks too we both said they look like faces.  Next time we come up Dave I'll give you a ring see if you free, the walk was well worth the 6hr trip.

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy