Author Topic: weather  (Read 3657 times)

SteveR

Re: weather
« Reply #15 on: 08:39:56, 17/01/13 »
Lovely,if the forcast is right and it gets a tad colder, and the expected snow falls on Friday then it's going to be great ip there this weekend.
Looks like you had a nice walk,because the camera got an airing 8) 8) 8)

lostme1

• Veteran Member
« Reply #16 on: 09:54:13, 17/01/13 »
Thnaks for the lovely photos. Looks like you had a nice walk with a bonus of some sunshine.  :) Will look forward to your next walk with even more snow, if you take any photos.
These boots are made for walking.... so long as the rest of my body agrees

roughyed

• Veteran Member
« Reply #17 on: 10:03:39, 17/01/13 »
Still contemplating a trip to Edale.  Just worried I will get stuck!  I'm in work Sunday so think the timings might be too tight (heavy snow on Friday, then travelling back Saturday).

altirando

• Veteran Member
« Reply #18 on: 13:09:46, 17/01/13 »
I am feeling quite deprived over in Cheshire.  Just cloud.  No hint of snow.  I do remember when I lived in Bakewell years ago, having to get over into Cheshire for a job interview, just managing to drive over the Cat and Fiddle road in deep snow, but finding just rain in Macclesfield - very late for the interview, they didn't believe my excuse.  Must check out the Clwyds - easier drive.

sunnydale

• Veteran Member
« Reply #19 on: 17:09:44, 17/01/13 »

Looks like you had a nice walk,because the camera got an airing 8) 8) 8)

Thnaks for the lovely photos. Looks like you had a nice walk with a bonus of some sunshine.  :)  Will look forward to your next walk with even more snow, if you take any photos.

It certainly was a nice walk! O0   I love it up there at any time of year but snow just adds something magical to the landscape.
The camera will be working hard over the coming days - hopefully! :D

Tracey :)

***Happiness is only a smile away***

mountain goat

« Reply #20 on: 17:56:09, 17/01/13 »
well sunnydale what can i say bout the pics brill can not wait for my weekend of next week hope the snow stays brill views  :) O0

Jellybelly

« Reply #21 on: 18:31:35, 17/01/13 »
i hope the Pass is open tomorrow and off to play in the peaks i will go :D

or it will be Hen cloud and the roaches for me
Is that so

sunnydale

• Veteran Member
« Reply #22 on: 19:58:57, 17/01/13 »
According to this evenings local BBC forecast, the Peak District will be the hardest hit tomorrow (in the East Midlands, that is) and more snow is forecast for Saturday too.

In fact, it's already been snowing here (in Bakewell) for the last couple of hours and is settling well.

I imagine the Snake Pass, the Cat and Fiddle and other roads higher up will be closed if it snows as heavily as predicted.

My advice would be to listen to the local radio travel news in the morning before setting out......but I'm sure you don't need me to tell you that! :)

***Happiness is only a smile away***

altirando

• Veteran Member
« Reply #23 on: 16:57:16, 18/01/13 »
Snow has dumped in midCheshire, but roads clear, just wet - although I did do a three mile round walk along the lane to get my bag of drugs.  But I have memories of the Cat and Fiddle being regularly blocked a mile or two up when I have tried to go xc skiing up there.  Might be possible to get up into Macclesfield forest or walk up Shutlingsloe.  Think I will wait until I am sure of getting to the Loggerheads carpark under the Clwyds.

justinwillerton

« Reply #24 on: 07:04:29, 19/01/13 »
Ok, If anyone is interested on coming to the peak district today and wants to know the road situation. Here in Monyash looked through my curtains and there is 5" of snow, and the main road through the village is covered over with Tyre tracks. So the main routes, such as the A515 Ashbourne to Buxton will be clear as it has not snowed much in the last 6 hours and the forecast is for very little to fall today. So main routes will be fine. and routes like my village will be fine as well in a couple of hours. Only the smallest routes will be covered all day. As long as it does not snow heavy today, and stick to the more popular routes, you should be fine O0

altirando

• Veteran Member
« Reply #25 on: 16:54:29, 19/01/13 »
BBC reported cat and fiddle road blocked last night.  But of course the snow will still be soft and soggy, not firm enough yet for pleasant walking.  Might be possible to walk up by the Goyt reservoirs to the pub for a hot soup!

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy