Author Topic: Who would have thought Brecon Beacons National Park 60yrs young  (Read 2987 times)

Wayne s

• Veteran Member
Wayne, I'm in depending on dates but in France til end August so no idea about October. Will post back in early September  O0

O0

sussamb

• Veteran Member
Sorry, meant to update this earlier.  October looking busy as last two weekends cover half term and 14/15 we're visiting one of my daughter's.

8th I'm committed to help with Chichester half marathon so that's out too.

Could make 4/5 November though  O0
Where there's a will ...

Dyffryn Ardudwy

• Veteran Member
How busy has Pen Y Fan become ?
Its been nearly eighteen years since ive set foot on the mountain, and even though i visit friends near Caerphilly a few times each year, ive never thought of checking the parking at Pont Y Daf or Storrey Arms.

The last time i visited Pont Y Daf, is when they cut down the conifer trees next to the carpark, which is a long time ago.

Ive decided to pay the mountain a visit, to rekindle fond memories.

Do the car parks get full quickly, or are they slightly quieter mid week.

Mel

• Veteran Member
Sounds like you're a prime candidate for this meet up in the making then DA  O0

Dyffryn Ardudwy

• Veteran Member
I have very fond memories of exploring all areas of the Beacons, as it was my main stomping ground for nearly twenty three years.
It was the first and only time, that ive got out in serious  whiteout conditions on the ridge from the gap, towards Cribyns summit, sometime in the early 1980s.

I can vaguely remember there being some kind of stone built shelter, for those who got caught out, i bet that's long gone.

All those years ago, when i was living in South Wales, a trip to Snowdonia was an adventure, something to really look forward to.

Now i live within the Snowdonia national park, ive never had any reason really, to return to the Brecon Beacons, but it would be nice to see Pen Y Fan once again.

phil1960

• Veteran Member
The Beacons is so much more than Pen y Fan, which is horrendously busy these days as are Corn Du, Cribyn and to a lesser extent Fan y Big. If you can't find a bit of quiet in over 500 square miles of national park, then something's not right. Jon/Wayne November in waterfall country should be wet so a good chance of the waterfalls in spate  O0
Touching from a distance, further all the time.

Penygadair

• Veteran Member
Jon/Wayne November in waterfall country should be wet so a good chance of the waterfalls in spate  O0

Agree. It's a cracking walk around Pont Nedd Fechan area.  O0

sussamb

• Veteran Member
Yep done the walk around there a few times, including on the last Brecon Beacons meet  O0
Where there's a will ...

sussamb

• Veteran Member
The Beacons is so much more than Pen y Fan, which is horrendously busy these days as are Corn Du, Cribyn and to a lesser extent Fan y Big. If you can't find a bit of quiet in over 500 square miles of national park, then something's not right.

O0 O0 O0
Where there's a will ...

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy