Author Topic: Which powerbank for phone?  (Read 2146 times)

jimbob

• Veteran Member
Re: Which powerbank for phone?
« Reply #15 on: 16:56:33, 19/08/19 »
So one charge is  roughly 6.587e+28 electrons?  Bargain!  (if my sums are right and assuming no relativistic correction)  ;)
Free radicals also weigh a bit, you may have overlooked them as they bounced of the end if the scale ;D .
Too little, too late, too bad......

BuzyG

• Veteran Member
« Reply #16 on: 23:37:13, 19/08/19 »
Not convinced on the lipstick size packs.  I grabbed a couple of freebies from a gizzits promo  pack and tried one out.  It barely charged my phone once.  So still use my aging Anker dual cell pack. That gives 3 full charges on my phone. Or one on my tablet.  Quality matters with batteries.

fernman

• Veteran Member
« Reply #17 on: 16:48:10, 20/08/19 »
So today I traipsed around some supermarkets looking for a power bank. Lots of empty hooks in the first two, with only the bigger and more expensive ones available. Next one was Asda, where I bought an Onn 3350mAh for - wait for it - £4. Photos are below.

It is 10.5cm (4 1/8 in) long, and weighs 79g (2 3/4 oz). Usb and micro usb sockets are in one end and there's a flush switch on one side. One press for on and two presses for off (I found out the hard way). When it's on, one of a row of four little lights on the end shows blue, I assume these will all be on when it's fully charged. I did find a "manual" for it online but it tells you beggar all, it's not worth saving.

Now don't all howl with derision. If I get one full charge out of it when needed, it will be good enough for me.

pauldawes

• Veteran Member
« Reply #18 on: 17:06:33, 20/08/19 »
At that price it’s got to be worth a punt.

But I guess you’ll be giving it a trial run in next few days, rather than guessing whether or not it will work “when needed”??

fernman

• Veteran Member
« Reply #19 on: 17:25:21, 20/08/19 »
But I guess you’ll be giving it a trial run in next few days, rather than guessing whether or not it will work “when needed”??

Do I look stoopid? No, don't answer that, I don't want to hear  ;D

pauldawes

• Veteran Member
« Reply #20 on: 17:47:11, 20/08/19 »
Do I look stoopid? No, don't answer that, I don't want to hear  ;D

Lol.

I thought it was most likely needless advice. But given some of my own stupidities...I tend to err on side of stating the fracking obvious...

Jac

• Veteran Member
« Reply #21 on: 07:27:25, 21/08/19 »
The one I got direct from Duracell worked well while we were in Turkey, quicker than when plugged into the car.
So many paths yet to walk, so little time left

Rob Goes Walking

• Veteran Member
« Reply #22 on: 08:18:39, 21/08/19 »
The one I got direct from Duracell worked well while we were in Turkey, quicker than when plugged into the car.

The charge rate depends on how many watts the charger can supply and which version of Quick Charge it supports. You can get fast ones for the car, I use this one:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B076H1Z3SH?ref=ppx_pop_mob_ap_share

Mel

• Veteran Member
« Reply #23 on: 11:18:06, 21/08/19 »
Now don't all howl with derision. If I get one full charge out of it when needed, it will be good enough for me.

And that's all that matters  O0   

scottk

« Reply #24 on: 23:03:15, 21/08/19 »
Anker power core 10000. About £20, 200g and recharges my i phone 8 about 4 times. I also use it to charge my watch. Keeps me going about a week.

fernman

• Veteran Member
« Reply #25 on: 11:04:50, 22/08/19 »
The charge rate depends on how many watts the charger can supply and which version of Quick Charge it supports. You can get fast ones for the car, I use this one:
https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B076H1Z3SH?ref=ppx_pop_mob_ap_share

Thanks for that information and the link. My car charger is so slow I only use it when I'm on a long drive. Christmas is in 4 months  :o I'll put one on my wish list.

And I'm forgetting my manners, belated thanks to those who suggested looking for a power bank in supermarkets, otherwise I might have spent more than £4  O0

gunwharfman

• Veteran Member
« Reply #26 on: 20:38:28, 22/08/19 »
I bought an Anker Powercore A1271 a couple of years ago. It weighs 12oz but I can charge my phone between three and four times before it itself needs charging. It also has two USB sockets as well, which for me is very useful. I have a Pebbell personal alarm around my neck (my wife demands it!) and I just top this up every few days. If I was to have an accident all I have to do (if I can) is press the big button for 3 seconds and an automatic message is sent to my wife and my friend as a text message saying 'Please help me' and it provides them with my location as text as well. I can also use it as a simple back up phone to speak to them as well.

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy