Author Topic: Female walker wanted  (Read 1913 times)

Geenny

Female walker wanted
« on: 15:35:53, 11/05/19 »
HalloI
I am new to the forum. I have read some interesting posts.
I am looking for a female walking partner to enjoy the wonderful outdoors in particular  in south of England.

I am based in the Richmond upon Thames and Kingston area

Anyone interested please let me know. Thank you and hopefully I can find a friend to share my love for the outdoors and nature.

fit old bird

• Veteran Member
Re: Female walker wanted
« Reply #1 on: 17:26:42, 11/05/19 »
Hello and welcome. Can you tell us a bit about yourself first. I don't think anybody is going to stick their hand up and say 'yes me', to a complete stranger. At first I thought you were a male looking for a date. On the other hand you could be female looking for a genuine female friend.

Maybe you could tell us what kind of walking experience you have? Do you do day walks, what kind of distance? Do you walk long distances, multi day walks? What age group are you in? A bit more info would help. Thanks.

ilona

jimbob

• Veteran Member
« Reply #2 on: 19:32:54, 11/05/19 »
Try the Ramblers club local to you as a start off. Get people to know you properly and you to know them.
Too little, too late, too bad......

ninthace

• Veteran Member
Solvitur Ambulando

Geenny

« Reply #4 on: 09:14:42, 13/05/19 »
thank you all

I am in my 40s and I am a lover of nature in all its form
Each walk I take I research and design myself, they are on average 8/9 miles to maximum of 11/12. when I get lost I walk more!

it would be nice to find a fellow female  walker of any age who share my love for nature can pause to enjoy a scenery or to have a picnic or a hot cup of coffee on the way with a laugh and a chat.

not too much to ask is it ;)

richardh1905

• Veteran Member
« Reply #5 on: 09:49:06, 13/05/19 »

Walks Ramblers Association. Richmond and district RA. Membership secretary Margaret Sharp 8748 0049. Walks details see ‘Heritage walks/tours’.

Ramblers Association West London Group. Secretary Tom Berry, 128 Park Lane, Harrow. HA2 8NL. 8422 3284, email: [email protected].

Independent Rambling Club. Valerie Tyszko 8845 0708.

Surrey Walking Club undertakes 20 mile routes in and around Surrey, with an average of two walks a month on Saturdays and Sundays. They all start and finish at railway stations. John and Gail Elrick 8979 7512.

Kingston Ramblers 8977 0817.
« Last Edit: 16:15:17, 13/05/19 by richardh1905 »
WildAboutWalking - Join me on my walks through the wilder parts of Britain

Geenny

« Reply #6 on: 09:53:12, 13/05/19 »
thank you verymuch O0

richardh1905

• Veteran Member
« Reply #7 on: 16:15:49, 13/05/19 »
Sorted out the formatting and deleted the first contact as it was for lectures of some sort!

Mel

• Veteran Member
« Reply #8 on: 19:52:20, 13/05/19 »

You are correct.  It's not too much to ask.  But personal safety is more important, hence the replies you've had suggesting joining groups.

Your walking plans sound lovely and I'm a solo female walker that would enjoy a bit of company from time to time.

HOWEVER.  How do you know I've just told you the truth?  I could arrange to meet you ... how would you know about the knife in my rucksack?  Similarly, how do I know you're not just looking for victims by pretending to be female?

fit old bird

• Veteran Member
« Reply #9 on: 20:16:03, 13/05/19 »
thank you all

I am in my 40s and I am a lover of nature in all its form
Each walk I take I research and design myself, they are on average 8/9 miles to maximum of 11/12. when I get lost I walk more!

it would be nice to find a fellow female  walker of any age who share my love for nature can pause to enjoy a scenery or to have a picnic or a hot cup of coffee on the way with a laugh and a chat.

I think it is too much to ask, especially when we are all strangers to you, and you are a stranger to us. Friendships take time to build up. If you stick around here for a while, join in with conversations, you could join in with an official meet up with a group.

I recently met up with another female walker for the first time, but she has been reading my blog for a few years, so I felt I knew her already. As it happened we got on great, and will meet again.

ilona

letmeoutofhere

• Veteran Member
« Reply #10 on: 18:58:36, 17/05/19 »

I feel a bit sad. Someone comes on being a bit friendly and gets a slightly unfriendly response. Yes it's sensible to maybe try groups first, but that's not for everyone. Yes we have to be a bit careful, but when did we have to start considering  knife carrying lunatics as a first option? Some years ago when I was alone I met 3 or 4 other single people  for walks, just as one off meet ups. They were nice interesting people, and although none of them became life long friends- in fact one of them was deeply boring about his caravan for 14 miles- I never once considered that they might kill me and dump my body on Dartmoor.
Hello Geenny, welcome, it's not too much to ask.

richardh1905

• Veteran Member
« Reply #11 on: 19:32:52, 17/05/19 »

Agreed - it is not too much to ask. There is never any harm in asking.

sunnydale

• Veteran Member
« Reply #12 on: 10:30:48, 18/05/19 »
......Some years ago when I was alone I met 3 or 4 other single people  for walks, just as one off meet ups. They were nice interesting people............ I never once considered that they might kill me

Same goes for me too....and a few of them DID go on to become lifelong friends.  I remember posting on the old Ramblers Forum in the same way that Geenny has (although I didn't specifically state whether I wanted to meet females or males).....and I'm always thankful that I plucked up the courage to do so O0   The first two walks I went on as a result were actually with blokes....and neither of them attempted to drag me into the bushes! :D

We all have to start somewhere, if we're on our own and want to make walking friendships but aren't comfortable with groups initially.  Groups can be quite a scary prospect for some folk. 
Once I'd got going and became more self-confident and less shy/self-conscious, I went on to arrange group walks for other members of the forum.
I've arranged walks on this forum too, in the past.

Geenny did what was asked (by Ilona) and told us a bit more about herself. She answered the questions put to her.
What more can she do?...apart from post on here for the next few months in an attempt to prove herself trustworthy. ::)

Another thing that strikes me..... Unless someone arranges a group walk and invites Geenny along, how will she stop being a 'stranger' to us?

« Last Edit: 10:36:30, 18/05/19 by sunnydale »
***Happiness is only a smile away***

Innominate Man

• Veteran Member
« Reply #13 on: 10:52:01, 18/05/19 »
Another thing that strikes me..... Unless someone arranges a group walk and invites Geenny along, how will she stop being a 'stranger' to us?
.... Remember:- There are no strangers here; only friends you haven't yet met   ::)

Only a hill but all of life to me, up there between the sunset and the sea. 
Geoffrey Winthrop Young

sunnydale

• Veteran Member
« Reply #14 on: 10:52:52, 18/05/19 »
.... Remember:- There are no strangers here; only friends you haven't yet met   ::)

Exactly. :)
***Happiness is only a smile away***

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy