Author Topic: Fairfield horseshoe, clockwise or anti clockwise. Which is best?  (Read 6390 times)

jimmy connell

• Veteran Member

;D  I daren't say I don't really like it, when I'm from The Toon!
so am i pet O0
UTRINQUE PARATUS! READY FOR ANYTHING (PEGASUS)

infowarrior

So am I. Well Cramlington actually.

Sarah Pitht

• Veteran Member
Have only done it clockwise - so that is best so far. That's also the route taken by the fell runners racing during Ambleside Sports - I assume they know a thing or too...

April

• Veteran Member
so am i pet O0

I know you are pet! Your use of 'canny' gives you away  :)
Hate will never win

sussamb

• Veteran Member
Is that the Newcastle equivalent of a 'tinny'  :D
Where there's a will ...

April

• Veteran Member
Have only done it clockwise - so that is best so far. That's also the route taken by the fell runners racing during Ambleside Sports - I assume they know a thing or too...

Fell runners are all totally bonkers so we can't rely on them for being sensible  ;)   I've done the horseshoe many times and I think the best way is anti clockwise. It is a great walk whichever way you do it though  :)
Hate will never win

April

• Veteran Member
Is that the Newcastle equivalent of a 'tinny'  :D

No. Canny means err ... It is so hard to tranlsate it. It means nice, pleasant, not bad. Jimmy help me out!
Hate will never win

jimmy connell

• Veteran Member
canny it means good in geordie , a canny day means nice sunny day , he is a canny man  or canny woman  , nice person list is endless , a lot of words used in northumbria , tyneside are norse words, i do believe the cumbrains are the same lingo i.e vikings jim
UTRINQUE PARATUS! READY FOR ANYTHING (PEGASUS)

havenchris

Done it up both ways and have to say Id rather go up Low and High Pike than leave those two as my last coming down...they just seemed a long slog coming back after a long day

happyhiker

• Veteran Member
I have only ever done this clockwise but I think this is the best route because if the cloud comes down, a wall guides you all the way down.

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy