Author Topic: Photographers Question & Answers corner  (Read 87925 times)

robstubbs

• Veteran Member
Re: Photographers Question & Answers corner
« Reply #75 on: 13:36:49, 10/12/13 »
If they have a standard screw thread on the front of the lens then almost certainly the answer is yes.  Failling that you can get filter systems succh as the cokin ones which fit onto the front and then their own filters slot in.

Suggest you look at the specifics for a model your after or go into a decent photography shop that sells them (or somewhere like John Lewis).

Rob.

nudgebar

Posting photos
« Reply #76 on: 09:47:06, 18/03/14 »
Hi guys....is there anyway I can post photos onto a trip report direct from my phone. Can't seem to paste them on for some reason. Also don't want to put them onto Facebook if  possible. Cheers
Neal

robstubbs

• Veteran Member
Re: Posting photos
« Reply #77 on: 12:55:10, 18/03/14 »
Hi guys....is there anyway I can post photos onto a trip report direct from my phone. Can't seem to paste them on for some reason. Also don't want to put them onto Facebook if  possible. Cheers
Neal

I use both flickr and photobox, and both I think have apps.  Using such app you can upload pics to your chosen (or other) hosting site.  You then post the image links to your trip report.

Rob.

nudgebar

« Reply #78 on: 13:55:58, 19/03/14 »
Cheers Rob.... will download something I think.

robstubbs

• Veteran Member
« Reply #79 on: 12:30:16, 16/07/14 »
I have a flickr question for folks - or in fact any other website that can host high quality photos ? 

For flickr I was wondering if anyone had gone 'pro' and if so how they did and the benefits ?

Failing that what other sites can people recommend that are high quality and not too pricey ?

You can see the kind of thing I currently have on flickr in my signature, I'm just not sure it does what I want very well or easily - although it is of course free.

Thanks in advance,

Rob.

cumbrian green

« Reply #80 on: 16:59:39, 18/01/15 »
can anyone help,tried to upload photos to this site but keep getting message saying photo to big,how do i reduce the size because i havent got a clue cheers

Dovegirl

• Veteran Member
« Reply #81 on: 18:41:07, 18/01/15 »
I use tinypic, which I find very straightforward   :)

See this link  http://www.walkingforum.co.uk/index.php?topic=5138.0

swanseamale47

« Reply #82 on: 23:16:25, 08/05/15 »

OK Cheers.

I used to use a nifty little free programme that resized my photos back in the day when resizing was needed.  Might have to search around for it again.

I've got so used to not needing to do it any more, it was quite a shock when i previewed a post and only half of the pic could be seen on the screen ;D

Download Eazy Thumbnail I tried to post a link but the forum censors the link title (you'll see why if you google it) the name of the company sounds similar to a naughty word.
it's quick and easy to use, and does one pic or a whole folder full.  Better still it's free.  I've been using it for years.  You used to have to give an email, but I've never had any spam from them.

Ronin83

« Reply #83 on: 09:58:17, 18/08/18 »
How do I even post a photo? It asks for a link?

swanseamale47

« Reply #84 on: 10:21:17, 18/08/18 »
When you post  theres an attachment box on the bottom. Theres usually a size limit by I cant remember offhand what it is.
The other way is to upload your pic to Flickr or somewhere first and then link it here.

Hillhiker1

• Veteran Member
« Reply #85 on: 14:36:33, 18/08/18 »

Upload your picture to Flickr.
Go to your picture and click on the share pic icon (It looks like a curved arrow) at the bottom right.
Pick the BB code tab.
Copy the content of the address bar it displays
Paste that directly into the body of the text of your post.
Post your post.
Your picture will be displayed in your post as it appears on flickr.

Ronin83

« Reply #86 on: 15:07:56, 18/08/18 »
Thanks.
Why can't we just post a photo from our phones? Seems long

Rob Goes Walking

• Veteran Member
« Reply #87 on: 23:30:05, 13/04/19 »
How do I take a photo with only one hand using an Android phone (currently a Samsung Galaxy S7)?

Mel

• Veteran Member
« Reply #88 on: 15:32:28, 14/04/19 »
Hold the phone sideways on between your little finger and index finger and press the "shutter" with your thumb. 

Rob Goes Walking

• Veteran Member
« Reply #89 on: 15:42:28, 14/04/19 »
Hold the phone sideways on between your little finger and index finger and press the "shutter" with your thumb.

Thanks Mel. Not sure I could do that when windy but maybe now I can join in brew with a view!

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy