Author Topic: Pennine Way - Langdon Beck camping  (Read 5000 times)

tiktok

Pennine Way - Langdon Beck camping
« on: 17:05:00, 21/06/08 »
I've got almost all my camping locations planned except for this one! Ideally I am looking for a campsite because I don't really fancy the cost of anything else. The National Trail website doesn't seem to have any details in this area - does anyone know any different? I don't mind wild camping if there is likely to be a good out of the way spot.

tonyk

• Veteran Member
Re: Pennine Way - Langdon Beck camping
« Reply #1 on: 18:18:20, 21/06/08 »
 Widdybank farm,a mile further on from Langdon Beck, used to allow camping.If not the best bet is to push further on and camp at Maize Beck (around five miles from Langdon Beck.

walkinggirluk

• Veteran Member
« Reply #2 on: 19:32:13, 21/06/08 »
Am unsure but do know my partner stayed at Middleton-in-teesdale than on to Dufton but unsure if you what to walk 19.9 miles in a day Langdon beck hotel 01833622267    or Langdon beck YHA 0183362228 you could phone one of these place's to see if there a campsite if you like the gps than let me know..... Hope this help 

peace and tranquillity in the countryside. clean your rubbish up after you  respect it.

clean it bin it

mike knipe

• Veteran Member
« Reply #3 on: 12:09:36, 25/06/08 »
Widdybank farm is the HQ of the scientists working on Moorhouse and Upper Teesdale nature reserve - its unlikely thet they'd let you camp there.
The other campsite at Langdon Beck seems to haev closed and recent enquiries at the pub were a bit negative as regards camping on their lawn (I think they'd should reconsider this!)
There are camping spots by Maize beck, though strictly speaking its not allowed. There's also a very good spot by the olf flood-route footbridge which is a mile or so upstream from the new footbridge on the main PW route.

But dont tell anybody about it!!! O0
Some kind of happiness is measured out in miles

See the blog!  www.northernpies.blogspot.com

tiktok

« Reply #4 on: 16:03:32, 25/06/08 »
Thanks everyone. The previous night I am staying around Bowes. Instead of staying at Langdon Beck, I think I might make this day a short Bowes-Middleton walk, and then the day after go straight from Middleton through to Dufton.

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy