Author Topic: south west long distance  (Read 1059 times)

Rue

south west long distance
« on: 16:39:12, 09/01/09 »

Hello

I have recently moved to Devon. Was wondering if anyone could recommend any long distance walks down here. I have seen signs for the two moors way and the tarks trail, I think. Any good?

Cheers :)
Whitby [nofollow] is beautiful!

Cornwall [nofollow]

Devon [nofollow]

SimonF

Re: south west long distance
« Reply #1 on: 19:43:15, 10/01/09 »
 I have always been drawn to the Coast whilst in Devon. I dont know whether you are north or south, but the coast path west of Clovelly towards the Cornish border is superb ( and tough ! )  In South Devon, the walk between Brixham and Dartmouth is really good , bearing in mind its proximity to Torbay  and has good public transport. There are lots of other "good  bits "-- try the South West Way association website for more details.

I have done some of the Two Moors way-- this can be started/ finished at Plymouth to give you a Coast to coast walk.    I dont know much about the Tarka Trail-- except that its something to do with otters !

Rue

Re: south west long distance
« Reply #2 on: 16:37:36, 13/01/09 »
I have always been drawn to the Coast whilst in Devon. I dont know whether you are north or south, but the coast path west of Clovelly towards the Cornish border is superb ( and tough ! )  In South Devon, the walk between Brixham and Dartmouth is really good , bearing in mind its proximity to Torbay  and has good public transport. There are lots of other "good  bits "-- try the South West Way association website for more details.

I have done some of the Two Moors way-- this can be started/ finished at Plymouth to give you a Coast to coast walk.    I dont know much about the Tarka Trail-- except that its something to do with otters !

I will be checking out the Coastal path soon as we are buying a boat and mooring it in Plymouth. Lots of new scenary to check out!

Whitby [nofollow] is beautiful!

Cornwall [nofollow]

Devon [nofollow]

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy