Author Topic: Parking in Gerlan  (Read 7160 times)

johnwills

Parking in Gerlan
« on: 19:10:47, 08/08/13 »
Want to do the Carneddau......anyone know where I can park at Gerlan-ish area? (Have always parked at Ogwen, but need to do the full traverse....catching a bus to Ogwen/Glan Dena-full traverse- then double back a d dip underneath Yr Aryg back down to Gerlan)

snakehips

• Veteran Member
Re: Parking in Gerlan
« Reply #1 on: 20:10:00, 08/08/13 »
when i went it was up the top of the lane by some houses as long as you don't block anyone in i think it's fine but it does fill up early that area so most people park in bethesda in the main carpark hope this helps it's a great walk so hope you enjoy it  O0 O0 O0
they say that 50 is the new 21 (fingers crossed)

mananddog

• Veteran Member
« Reply #2 on: 21:12:48, 08/08/13 »
There is a car park  at Rachub - free but it gets full with residents. I parked on the road to the car park which is near the football pitch SH624682. It is further than Gerlan but you will cause less bother and there is a nice route to the Carneddau from there.

johnwills

« Reply #3 on: 08:44:51, 09/08/13 »
Ah....thanks fellas!  :)

llandudnoboy

• Veteran Member
« Reply #4 on: 17:24:51, 09/08/13 »
Once you arrive in Bethesda, drive through the town until you reach the bend in the middle of town, just opposite the Queen Victoria pub, when you get around the bend you will see a small supermarket, here you will see a turning on your left that goes up hill towards Gerlan.

Half way up this fairly narrow road is a small roundabout, keep  going on up the hill until you eventually see  a turning left.
Keep going along this road and in around 300yds on your left you will come to a very Welsh speaking pub called Yr Sior  which means The George in English.

Around the corner from YR Sior is a carpark for around twenty cars, used mainly by the locals to park their vehicles, but over the many years ive never failed to find a parking space.
Its free to park, and is as safe as houses, ive  left my car here for well over seven hours on occasions and its never been touched.
From this carpark, its about a mile and a half along the upper roads of Bethesda and Gerlan to the solitude of the Carneddau.

Its exactly 21.2 miles from Llandudno to my usual parking place in this carpark.
« Last Edit: 17:50:26, 09/08/13 by llandudnoboy »

johnwills

« Reply #5 on: 11:43:11, 10/08/13 »
A! Diolch yn fawr !!! A bonws cael peint ar ôl cerdded!

llandudnoboy

• Veteran Member
« Reply #6 on: 12:14:44, 10/08/13 »
Sorry but I am a strict teetotaller, I've passed the George many times,been in it twice for grub after the Carneddau fell race,but have not touched a drop of alcohol since 1992, just do not like the taste or what it does to your wallet.

If you want a drink in a pub,do not ask me to join you.

Glyno

• Veteran Member
« Reply #7 on: 12:29:24, 10/08/13 »

oh come on you miserable sod, I was thinking of organising a WalkinForum pub crawl  :D

johnwills

« Reply #8 on: 12:36:25, 10/08/13 »

Ummmmm........ok..................... ;D

sussamb

• Veteran Member
« Reply #9 on: 12:37:14, 10/08/13 »

oh come on you miserable sod, I was thinking of organising a WalkinForum pub crawl  :D

Sounds like a plan ...  ;) O0
Where there's a will ...

johnwills

« Reply #10 on: 12:38:03, 10/08/13 »
Sorry but I am a strict teetotaller, I've passed the George many times,been in it twice for grub after the Carneddau fell race,but have not touched a drop of alcohol since 1992, just do not like the taste or what it does to your wallet.

Ummmmmmmmmmmmm............ok................................... ;D

johnwills

« Reply #11 on: 12:38:32, 10/08/13 »
Count me in Glyno!

llandudnoboy

• Veteran Member
« Reply #12 on: 12:44:08, 10/08/13 »
I do not mind others drinking,I have nothing against that,but I do not succumb to peer pressure when alcohol is concerned.
Imagine what an average round in a pub must cost, that's money down the drain in my opinion, far better spent on a day in the hills,or a new bit of kit.
The strongest stuff to touch my lips is tonic water,but people look at you in amazement when you say you do not drink, they cannot understand why certain people choose not to drink, it's almost guaranteed that you drink alcohol.

johnwills

« Reply #13 on: 12:59:07, 10/08/13 »
People who don't drink or smoke don't live longer.....it just seems longer!! ;D

sussamb

• Veteran Member
« Reply #14 on: 14:04:52, 10/08/13 »
I do not mind others drinking,I have nothing against that,but I do not succumb to peer pressure when alcohol is concerned.
Imagine what an average round in a pub must cost, that's money down the drain in my opinion, far better spent on a day in the hills,or a new bit of kit.
The strongest stuff to touch my lips is tonic water,but people look at you in amazement when you say you do not drink, they cannot understand why certain people choose not to drink, it's almost guaranteed that you drink alcohol.

Sorry but ...

If you don't succumb to peer pressure why do you object to going into a pub, you're not forced to drink alcohol.
Tonic water per pint is often more expensive than beer, so your cost analogy doesn't hold water (not even tonic water  ;) )
Where there's a will ...

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy