Author Topic: NEW MEMBER  (Read 980 times)

andy84

« on: 09:09:14, 14/03/09 »
Hi guys and galls,
new to the forum so just a quick introduction, im Andy 24 from Staffordshire, i would love if someone could let me know of some 2 day walks which includes a 1 night wild camp in the peak district preferably Dovedale or the Roaches, any information would be great, also i would ideally like to meet up with a group or club who regularly trek throughout the uk, my interests are kayaking, walking , climbing and camping, hope someone can point me in the right direction, many thanks, Andrew, :)

Dizzy

• Veteran Member
Re: NEW MEMBER
« Reply #1 on: 10:56:06, 14/03/09 »
Hi Andy,

Welcome to the forum.Sure you will find some helpful suggestions and routes from the peeps on here.I'm from Staffs too and often walk around The Roaches and Dovedale but to be honest(could be wrong here) I think you'd struggle to find a wildcamping spot...Dovedale is always jam packed plus there are farms all around and there are usually rangers patrolling up at the Roaches.I think that you'd have more joy around the Dark Peak which is alot wilder and quieter at night times!Saying that there are plenty of campsites close to both Dovedale and the Roaches so you could incorporate those if you wanted an overnight stop.Good luck  O0

andy84

Re: NEW MEMBER
« Reply #2 on: 13:20:26, 14/03/09 »
hey dizzy, thanks for the reply. I'm not really just confined to Dovedale and the Roaches, I have transport so getting around isnt the problem, I really want to meet like-minded people who wild camp most weekends hopefully there should be some locals on here who i could maybe meet up with, ive heard there is also a indoor climbing wall at  staffs uni, do you know if that is correct. thanks andy

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy