Author Topic: hmmm.......so "I'm new!"  (Read 1129 times)

phattonythedon

hmmm.......so "I'm new!"
« on: 16:22:56, 18/03/09 »
Hi all,
I have joined this forum as I will shortly be embarking upon my first major backpacking trip through the Dales, Lake District, North Wales, Ireland - Kerry & Cork, Brecon Beacons, Exmoor and Land's end.

I hope I can learn a little something from some of you and in return share my knowledge of all things camp craft & survival.

I'm 24 years old. I'm pagan and i work in and around East London as a boiler technician, driving door to door fixing central heating systems. I grew up in the country and aim to one day again (just as soon as i make my million in the city! lol)

anyway, hope to get to know you all and stuff

Barleycorn

Re: hmmm.......so "I'm new!"
« Reply #1 on: 12:26:14, 20/03/09 »
Merry meet, Phat Tony.

Im new to this forum too. Im also Pagan O0
Sounds like a heck of a trip you've planned there, im sure you'll enjoy it.

Blessed be
Paul.

phattonythedon

« Reply #2 on: 13:14:27, 20/03/09 »
maybe we should start a pagan walkers poll to see how many there are on this forum?

Barleycorn

« Reply #3 on: 15:15:55, 20/03/09 »
i've found that a lot of 'us' can be quite secretive about their faith & believes & its quite understandable when you think of the negative preconceptions that the average ignoramus has of Paganism & indeed Pagans.

I don't go around blowing my goats horn & waving a green flag ::) proclaiming my believes, but nor do i try to hide them. I feel that if people have a problem with what 'we' believe then they probably don't know much about them & indeed 'us'.
I suggest education before opinion, no knowledge then :-X

By all means, do start a poll Phaty (can i call you Phaty :-\) but maybe as an open question i.e "How does your faith work for you?" or something. Just a suggestion, either way i would take part O0

Paul

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy