Author Topic: Walking the Ridgeway  (Read 1250 times)

Sandi

Walking the Ridgeway
« on: 08:40:54, 27/03/09 »
Hi - anyone interested in joining a walk from Avebury to Ivinghoe from Saturday 5th April to 9th?? Any bit of it would be great to have company.

White Horse Walker

• Veteran Member
Re: Walking the Ridgeway
« Reply #1 on: 17:20:05, 27/03/09 »
Most other times I'd have joined you for a decent section from Avebury but I have my first guests of the season coming the day after so I shall be up to my eyes in cleaning, baking and preparation. What time are you starting? I could possibly manage a little way.......... (I'm only 10-15 minutes from Overton, or are you actually starting from Avebury?) When we walked it we finished at Overton and continued to Avebury.
~
Sue

Sandi

« Reply #2 on: 09:25:56, 30/03/09 »
Hi Sue - thanks for the support, I think we are starting at Avebury and then heading east. Planning to do it as per the suggested route on the website. I have a friend with me for the weekend but during the week it's not easy to find people, anyway, providing the weather is good I will consider it a personal endurance challenge and keep my head and heart aiming for Ivinghoe! If you have any other contacts male or female who might be interested please pass the message on at your discretion.
Perhaps we'll meet on another one sometime - if you wishto do any walking around Salisbury way let me know.

Best wishes Sandi

White Horse Walker

• Veteran Member
« Reply #3 on: 16:40:43, 30/03/09 »
I wish you all the best - it's a great achievement. We walked it the other way round - have a report of it here http://www.whitehorsewalking.co.uk/ridgeway1.htm if you're interested.

I do have a friend who often walks and rides on the route but I don't think the timings will be right due to her work. However, I'll try & contact her and will let you know.

Would certainly like to meet up in the Salisbury area sometime though.  :)
~
Sue

White Horse Walker

• Veteran Member
« Reply #4 on: 17:54:38, 12/04/09 »
Guess you've finished it now Sandi, how was it? Weather not at all bad really was it?
~
Sue

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy