Author Topic: Hiking in Cuba  (Read 1784 times)

youradvocate

• Veteran Member
Hiking in Cuba
« on: 11:05:37, 18/12/14 »
I am also interested in the possibility of hiking in Cuba. Has anyone on the Forum done this and if so any suggestions for a 10-14 day hike?

sunnydale

• Veteran Member
Re: Hiking in Cuba
« Reply #1 on: 07:38:32, 19/12/14 »
Cuba could be overrun with Yanks pretty soon, the way things are going!  Lovely country though, sort of stuck in a time warp. I haven't walked there, so can't help on that score ....but I too would be interested to know of areas suitable for walking. :)
***Happiness is only a smile away***

Peter

• Veteran Member
« Reply #2 on: 09:31:20, 19/12/14 »
Its a beautiful place (not been personally), but the attraction of the 60's ambience is at a price to the Cubans.
I do wonder how it will change once they can afford to do so?
Peter
sometimes I fall off the learning curve....
Join: Yorkshire Dales Walking Buddies
https://www.facebook.com/groups/1783012625307

OneGirlandherDog

« Reply #3 on: 23:36:11, 19/02/15 »
I did a charity trek in Cuba and it was fantastic. If you look on websites some of the companies that run them it'll give you an idea. We walked in the escambray mountains and it was challenging but we had a great sense of achievement at the end.

My next post on my blog is going to be Cuba so watch this space.

Best wishes.

Jaynie

« Reply #4 on: 12:05:49, 20/02/15 »
I went to Cuba last year, and it was amazing!!

It wasn`t a walking holiday as such but we did a fair amount of it. As said above, if you`re going to go, the sooner the better, if you want to experience ` todays` Cuba. I don`t think it will be too long before the country is overrun with Mcdonalds and Burger Kings!!

The one walk we did was to a place called Vinales, where the tobacco plantations are. It was a memorable day but very very hot. I don`t think I`d have liked to walk too far in that heat. I was there in May, so it might be worth keeping in mind how hot it can get there during the summer months.

In a nutshell....Cuba? I loved every minute of it ...you won`t be disappointed O0

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy