Author Topic: Longest ever Lakeland day walk  (Read 564 times)

henryb

• Veteran Member
Longest ever Lakeland day walk
« on: 21:12:56, 19/02/15 »
Having ticked off a number of the central fells, I noticed that High Raise was still on the 'to do' list; so that became my main objective last November. Having climbed Seargeant Man via Easedale Tarn path in August, I opted for a different route this time. After leaving the red lion hotel, I headed up to Silver How. The mist came down the last time I was on the fell; so, with the visibility decent this time the first objective was obvious. After taking in amazing views of Grasmere and Rydal water, I headed across to Blea Rigg. What a crossroads between Langdale and the Eastern Fells! Amazing views on both sides! A pleasant surprise of the walk was the view of Great Gable from Seargeant Man. Thereafter I made the easy stroll to High Raise. It was interesting that after just walking half a mile the views opened up to the NW and northern Fells, previously concealed from Seargeant Man. Thereafter I traveled 'cross country' to Calf Crag. I returned to Grasmere via Gibson Knott and Helm Crag ridge. The total distance was 18km and it took just over 6 hours.

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy