Author Topic: (TR) Living in the Past  (Read 1378 times)

midweekmountain

• Veteran Member
(TR) Living in the Past
« on: 15:48:04, 15/10/15 »

The paperrazzi

H and I drove back from Scotland in torrential rain after a week of superb wall to wall sunshine. Back at base I peruse my events diary and there is a 1940's weekend on at the Embsay railway, check the weather and it looks fine, go for it. Only problem is H has just put the washing on so we have to wait for it to hang it out to dry.

The plan is to park up at Bolton Abbey Station catch the train to Embsay then walk back over Embsay moor approx 12km and of course catch some of the atmosphere and entertainment at the stations they are happy happy today cos the sun is shining while yesterday it was miserable in the rain.

Bolton abbey station is best there is a skiffle singer there who is ace, 1940 music is not my cup of tea but I can't help being carried along by the ethusiasm, superb characters abound, love it, love , love it.

Back to base around 08.30 to find 'H's' underwear has gone missing off the line, is there a knicker knocker in the district, all is revealed around 10 ish when there is a knock at the door and the washing is delivered safely and dry by one of the neighbours, ahhh its so 1940's.

Far cry from the things we had been doing during the last few days in Scotland but as I always say variety is the spice of life and it was great fun hope you enjoy the piccys.

Here we have a real steam punk

The main man a fantastic entertainer

Ahhh is'nt that nice

More Vera Lynn than Rock n Roll

So long folks

Yes the steam engines are the real stars

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy