Author Topic: Public service message for Dizzy - Grindsbrook Clough  (Read 1871 times)

scenic

Grindsbrook is generally straightforward walking, albeit on a stoney path, until close to the top where it becomes rocky and hands-on in places.

Easy walking, easy navigation at the approach to Grindsbrook
----------

Path alongside lower Grindsbrook, only very slightly stoney
----------

Getting rockier about half-way up
----------

The final push, not too steep but the path has disappeared
----------

Grindsbrook is a fine way to reach Kinder, a challenge, maybe an adventure, but not life-threatening. My guess would be that your son will muchly enjoy it. Hope so!
Life without spice is like food without flavour

Dizzy

• Veteran Member
Re: Public service message for Dizzy - Grindsbrook Clough
« Reply #1 on: 10:48:04, 04/05/09 »
Oh thanks Scenic!Sorry only just seen this.Funnily enough we did this yesterday and it was great fun.Was surprised how different it felt from the other side.The original plan was to carry on along the edge and descend down Jacobs Ladder but an early ring ring"Mummm can you come and fetch me" from my eldest just as we reached the top meant we had to cut it short and come back down Grindslow Knoll ::).Having said that youngest son had gone into moaning mode so it would have been a bloomin long walk along the edge anyway!All in all an enjoyable walk and as I now have 3 weeks of free time to fill am going to be heading off up there on my own to explore it all properly.I'm thinking of booking into one of the edale campsites for a night so I can have a full couple of days walking without having to do the drive back home again with tired legs(sometimes I really detest the long slog back through the neverending traffic lights of Buxton and Leek).Anyway cheers for the pics...will post some of my own soon O0

ukmase

• Veteran Member
« Reply #2 on: 16:34:30, 04/05/09 »
Good stuff Scenic/DIzzy i like the look of this route and think i will be giving it a bash next time in the area.

Great pics BTW

O0

scenic

« Reply #3 on: 18:03:51, 04/05/09 »
Thanks for kind words, ukmase :)

Dizzy, our paths crossed yesterday! I was out enjoying a walk in the Peaks on a route that went past the top of Grindsbrook. A good day, though it was a bit chilly, quite windy and very busy.

To drive or to camp - there's a dilema. Getting back through Buxton and Leek is a pain I agree, but how much do you like your home comforts?? The thought of returning to a tent wet and windswept makes me shudder, by contrast four walls and a roof, a comfy sofa, a soothing bath and a snug bed sounds like bliss.

I'll camp if I have to - eg when over-nighting in the Lakes - but for multiple days out in the Peaks I'd suffer the driving. If the charge is 'being soft' I plead guilty. :-[
Life without spice is like food without flavour

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy