Author Topic: climbers missing on Ben Nevis  (Read 13317 times)

Summit

• Veteran Member
Re: climbers missing on Ben Nevis
« Reply #45 on: 18:14:57, 06/04/16 »
From Lochaber MRT

There was a small private funeral for Tim and Rachel in Fort William today. Following a services at the Duncansburgh Church, the young couple were laid to rest together in Glen Nevis in shadow of Ben Nevis. The Team were honoured to be asked by the families to act as pallbearers. Two pipers from the team also played the Lament which provided an emotional farewell. RIP Tim and Rachel.
« Last Edit: 18:31:08, 06/04/16 by Summit »
BURN FAT NOT OIL

Innominate Man

• Veteran Member
« Reply #46 on: 21:12:51, 06/04/16 »
How fitting that the MRT were given that honour which shows in what high regard they are held.
They stuck to their task and ensured the young couple were among people who cared and would do their utmost for them. There are two stories here - one about tragedy and how fine the balance is between life .....
The other is the marvellous example of our MRT teams, who are always there to help and so often over-looked (maybe not by us folk but perhaps by the public at large).
If we do nothing else, we should at least drop a decent donation in one of their tins the next time we see one - wherever it may be: And spare a thought for Tim & Rachel.
Only a hill but all of life to me, up there between the sunset and the sea. 
Geoffrey Winthrop Young

Rhino

• Veteran Member
« Reply #47 on: 21:42:55, 06/04/16 »
How fitting that the MRT were given that honour which shows in what high regard they are held.
They stuck to their task and ensured the young couple were among people who cared and would do their utmost for them. There are two stories here - one about tragedy and how fine the balance is between life .....
The other is the marvellous example of our MRT teams, who are always there to help and so often over-looked (maybe not by us folk but perhaps by the public at large).
If we do nothing else, we should at least drop a decent donation in one of their tins the next time we see one - wherever it may be: And spare a thought for Tim & Rachel.

Very befitting words and sentiment IM
Wainwrights Completed 12/12/15

ljmeerkat75

• Veteran Member
« Reply #48 on: 22:45:21, 06/04/16 »
I agree Dave very well put IM

Innominate Man

• Veteran Member
« Reply #49 on: 23:50:00, 06/04/16 »

I agree Dave very well put IM

Thanks guys. I read Summit's post and not ashamed to say it brought a tear to my eyes and felt moved to say something .....
Only a hill but all of life to me, up there between the sunset and the sea. 
Geoffrey Winthrop Young

Cnicht

• Veteran Member
« Reply #50 on: 16:43:03, 21/04/16 »
At least they were together, very touching and heartbreaking :(

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy