Author Topic: Where are you good people walking DURING the week?  (Read 275984 times)

sunnydale

• Veteran Member
Re: Where are you good people walking DURING the week?
« Reply #375 on: 21:34:29, 16/08/17 »
Win Hill via Parkin Clough tomorrow.  Should be another heather-fest 8)

Looking down over Ladybower from the climb up Win Hill....

Views from Win Hill.....

***Happiness is only a smile away***

Ridge

• Veteran Member
« Reply #376 on: 21:50:14, 16/08/17 »
Lovely photos of the heather Sunnydale, my Dad sent me some similar ones from Moscar earlier in the week.

Dovegirl

• Veteran Member
« Reply #377 on: 18:53:35, 17/08/17 »
Great photos of the heather sunnydale    :)

I went a very local walk today, on the South Downs from Woodingdean on the outskirts of Brighton to Rottingdean, via Bullock Hill. I didn't see any bullocks, only sheep!  This is one of the many lovely areas of the downs not on the South Downs Way itself.

Alan Kilroy

« Reply #378 on: 06:45:54, 18/08/17 »
21+k hike yesterday in West Wicklow, new area to me, my fourth ever hike so enjoying it all  :D , alot of wet boggy and stream crossing,

https://ridewithgps.com/trips/16963985 [nofollow]
[nofollow]

[nofollow]

[nofollow]
« Last Edit: 06:51:51, 18/08/17 by Alan Kilroy »

Scrambledlegs

« Reply #379 on: 22:54:13, 20/08/17 »
Driving back to the lakes tomorrow afternoon. Staying at Great Langdale and doing the Consiston Fells on Tuesday and maybe Jack's Rake (again) before we go home on Wednesday.

We have the annual "Bradley Bear" holiday booked up for the weekend and I'm thinking beyond this we'll maybe get one more camping trip in before Autumn kicks in.

Dovegirl

• Veteran Member
« Reply #380 on: 21:07:16, 23/08/17 »
I walked on Stedham, Iping and Trotton Commons today, which lie to the west of Midhurst in Sussex.  Part of my route was on the Serpent Trail, which wends a serpentine way through the Wealden Greensand.  There was a lot of heather on the heathland    :)

P1340919

BuzyG

• Veteran Member
« Reply #381 on: 17:50:12, 24/08/17 »
I enjoyed an unplanned walk out on Bodmin Moor Tue, evening.  It seems my grion strain is finally getting better.  So as it was a beautiful evening I just set off from Minions.  I headed out towards Sibly back lake to start, then North through the settlements and across the stream to Killmar Tor.  It was getting dark at this point, so I started back South towards Sharp Tor.  By the time I was coming down of Sharp Tor and heading for Stowe Hill it was dark and I could sense the mist coming down.  By the Top of Stow hill the visibility had really dropped.  I carefully made my way around the Quarry and found the path pack to minions ok.  However despite having walked it many times I could not follow it in those conditions, so I finally sucummbed to common seance and got my map and compass out for the last few hundred meters back to the village.   :)

Dovegirl

• Veteran Member
« Reply #382 on: 20:43:32, 24/08/17 »
I went a circular walk from Arundel today, on the downs and by the river Arun.  Arundel is one of the loveliest spots in the South Downs. 

Mel

• Veteran Member
« Reply #383 on: 20:56:17, 24/08/17 »
Did you see the telly programme last night on BBC4 Dovegirl? It was called "South Downs: England's Mountains Green".  The chap was walking the South Downs Way and telling us all about the history, landscape, geology of the areas he walked through.  A really enjoyable programme  :)

bricam2096

• Veteran Member
« Reply #384 on: 21:24:03, 24/08/17 »
Did you see the telly programme last night on BBC4 Dovegirl? It was called "South Downs: England's Mountains Green".  The chap was walking the South Downs Way and telling us all about the history, landscape, geology of the areas he walked through.  A really enjoyable programme  :)

I think it's been on before if the bloke was a minister (or similar), I watched it not long before I did my SDW walk but still like watching these kind of programmes  O0
LDWs done - 32 in total including 16 National Trails and 3 C2C

Wainwrights 176
www.brians-walks.co.uk

Dovegirl

• Veteran Member
« Reply #385 on: 21:29:21, 24/08/17 »

Yes, I've seen the programme and thought it was a good overview of the area.  It was nice that he included places that are less familiar rather than just concentrating on the popular spots.  Glad you enjoyed it    :)    I've never met him when I've been walking on the downs!

Mel

• Veteran Member
« Reply #386 on: 22:36:57, 24/08/17 »
Yes, it was a minister bricam so most likely the same programme  :)

I have to confess Dovegirl, I saw the programme and thought of you!  It was nice to see the areas you mention on here  :)

Dovegirl

• Veteran Member
« Reply #387 on: 23:04:25, 24/08/17 »
I have to confess Dovegirl, I saw the programme and thought of you!  It was nice to see the areas you mention on here  :)

Thank you Mel!   :)   I've found many beautiful places to walk in Sussex, often by getting off the beaten track   :)

barewirewalker

• Veteran Member
« Reply #388 on: 09:34:39, 25/08/17 »
Just been on the Berwyns, Moel y Ferma from parking in the Ceriog Forrest. A carpet of flowering heather from toes to skyline, Llantislio mountain a purple side to the north of the Dee. Sadly the cloud cover did not let enough light through to make great photos and as I do not yet have a photo sharing a/c thanks to the iniquitous peebucket. Can't share'm.
BWW
Their Land is in Our Country.

sunnydale

• Veteran Member
« Reply #389 on: 16:06:03, 27/08/17 »
Still some lovely heather around when I was up on Back Tor/ Derwent Edge on Wednesday....

***Happiness is only a smile away***

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy