Author Topic: Roseberry Topping, Cliff Rigg, and Captain Cook's Monument  (Read 3716 times)

harry_keogh

Did this a couple of days ago - was the first time I'd ever visited this area. Some fantastic colours around at this time of year. Even managed to get 4 summits into a fairly simple short walk too, which I was pleased with.

Full Trip Report: Roseberry Topping and Captain Cook’s Monument

Forkbeard

Not been to that part of the world, looks an interesting walk. I've just downloaded the gpx file so hopefully i'll get up there soon - thanks for the share.

Mel

• Veteran Member
Lovely report and pics HK  O0

The North Yorks. Moors are beautiful yet underrated area, glad you enjoyed them  :)

pleb

• Veteran Member
Crikey that puts my trip report to shame! :o
Nice one O0 O0 O0
Whinging Moaning Old Fart

Bhod

• Veteran Member
Great report, was on Roseberry Topping myself on the 30.10, it a lovely walk up and if the weather is nice some lovely views to be had from the top.   Will have to have a looksee at your gpx file when I get the chance, seems like you had a nice days walking, living only an hour away it might give me some incentive to go back down and take a longer stroll around the area.
I travel not to go anywhere, but to go. I travel for travel's sake.

harry_keogh

Crikey that puts my trip report to shame! :o
Nice one O0 O0 O0

Nothing wrong with yours at all - I enjoyed reading it  O0

harry_keogh

Great report, was on Roseberry Topping myself on the 30.10, it a lovely walk up and if the weather is nice some lovely views to be had from the top.   Will have to have a looksee at your gpx file when I get the chance, seems like you had a nice days walking, living only an hour away it might give me some incentive to go back down and take a longer stroll around the area.

I'll be honest and say that I'd never even heard of Roseberry Topping until 3 days before I did the walk! Sometimes I forget that there are other places that exist outside of the Peak District and Snowdonia!

Goosegog

My home turf :) nice to see others enjoying it .:)

harry_keogh

My home turf :) nice to see others enjoying it . :)

I have another couple of Moors walks on my to-do list this year so I'll hopefully be back soon!

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy