Author Topic: I've decided where I will hike in the summer of 2017!  (Read 2473 times)

gunwharfman

• Veteran Member
I'm resting a painful ache at the back of my knee at the moment so I have plenty of time to think about what I will do in 2017.

Starting some time in late June or early(ish) July, I've decided to hike the full length of the GR11 across Spain, starting from the Atlantic end as my first choice. My second choice is to hike the French GR10 again, but this time to start at Banyuls Sur Mere on the Mediterranean coast and to take the 'long route' loop to Garvarnie. My third choice is to hike the GR5 from Lake Geneva to Nice.

My base study site for the French hikes is www.gr-infos.com. I haven't yet found a similar site for Spain. Maybe there isn't one?

I'm now busy on the downloads, the compares and contrasts and thinking the big thoughts!  :)

I just wish my PC would behave itself and work properly!

Is anybody else planning to hike any of these trails in 2017?

Percy

• Veteran Member
Re: I've decided where I will hike in the summer of 2017!
« Reply #1 on: 13:49:33, 21/12/16 »
I'd love to hike either of those but prior to retirement it's not going to happen. What I am planning is the GR20.

altirando

• Veteran Member
« Reply #2 on: 14:00:41, 21/12/16 »
Have a look at the GR54 sometime, round some of the best and sunniest bits of the alps.  GR6..is the classic of course, Lake Geneva to the .Mediterranean.

altirando

• Veteran Member
« Reply #3 on: 14:07:03, 21/12/16 »
Whoops, meant 5 of course

gunwharfman

• Veteran Member
« Reply #4 on: 09:39:17, 28/12/16 »
I'd love to have a go at the GR20 but as always there are just so many places and so little time. Maybe 2018?

IanyZen

« Reply #5 on: 22:36:26, 17/01/17 »

Hi ,  
I hiked from Torla to Espot in 2014 along the GR11.
If there is anything you need to know please ask.

I choose GR11 (Spain) over GR10 (France) as the weather is better - France suffers more from afternoon storms and cloudy skies,  & the scenery. .

Plus on a personal note, I speak v little French but excellent Spanish & my dog was not allowed in the French National Parks

Best hike I've done for years -

To whet your appetite -

Good luck on your next adventure
Ian & Zen

adalard

• Veteran Member
« Reply #6 on: 13:41:58, 18/01/17 »
That's a cracking photo, IanyZen - and what a breathtaking view too!  O0

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy