Author Topic: Ring of Steall conditions  (Read 3743 times)

midweekmountain

• Veteran Member
Re: Ring of Steall conditions
« Reply #15 on: 09:44:08, 03/01/17 »
Rob, thats a good effort 39 more to do.......................

Was talking winter ml down the climbing wall over the weekend with some MIC's friends, here are a couple of pointers.

20 to 40 Quality winter Mountain Days (QwMD's) are required before assessment, the assessors are very good at cribing the candidates QWMD's claiming they are not TRUE winter conditions so don't count.

A logbook with 40 QwMD's can quickly become 25.

One thing you can do is take photos, DEMONSTRATING winter conditions and present them in your ML log book then its a lot harder to crib.

**************************************************************************************************

A few weeks back I was munro bagging in Scotland with loads of fresh unconsolidated snow, I was struggling. A guy in the hut was using snow shoes and was able to do hills I could not even consider in the conditions, I was impressed.

If I had to do 39 QwMD's in all snow conditions I would be thinking about getting some snow shoes, make things a lot easier. I am defo considering of getting some myself.

mananddog

• Veteran Member
Re: Ring of Steall conditions
« Reply #16 on: 12:12:23, 03/01/17 »

A few weeks back I was munro bagging in Scotland with loads of fresh unconsolidated snow, I was struggling. A guy in the hut was using snow shoes and was able to do hills I could not even consider in the conditions, I was impressed.

If I had to do 39 QwMD's in all snow conditions I would be thinking about getting some snow shoes, make things a lot easier. I am defo considering of getting some myself.

After struggling to follow friends with snow shoes over the hills for a couple of winters I bought a pair and have not regretted it.

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy