Author Topic: Suggestions - Harrogate-Darlington area  (Read 1859 times)

Sarah Pitht

• Veteran Member
Suggestions - Harrogate-Darlington area
« on: 19:26:40, 01/03/17 »
Hope I'm posting this in the right section of the board.

Next Friday I have an afternoon (approx 4hours) to kill in the Harrogate area. I need to be in Darlington for 5.

Any suggestions of walks, circuits, things to do? I have NT membership and a car. I haven't walked over that way so any suggestions and recommendations appreciated.

If it rains I'll prob end up in Betty's! Fingers crossed for good weather!
Thanks. 

Bhod

• Veteran Member
Re: Suggestions - Harrogate-Darlington area
« Reply #1 on: 19:32:10, 01/03/17 »
Have a trip out to Brimham Rocks ? -  https://www.nationaltrust.org.uk/brimham-rocks
I travel not to go anywhere, but to go. I travel for travel's sake.

pleb

• Veteran Member
« Reply #2 on: 10:24:29, 02/03/17 »
What about the Pinewoods walk on walkingenglishman website? Done it, pleasant enough.
Whinging Moaning Old Fart

Sarah Pitht

• Veteran Member
« Reply #3 on: 19:32:58, 11/03/17 »
Reporting back: I had a walk around Brimham Rocks (thanks Bhod)- interesting place which reminded me of Saxsony Switzerland in Germany (Sächsische Schweiz); but as the kiosk wasn't open and I needed lunch, I continued in the NT theme and went to Fountains Abbey. Good leek and potato soup, and an enjoyable stroll around  the grounds and ruins. Will go back on a better weather day as the rain did set in...
Cheers.

Bhod

• Veteran Member
« Reply #4 on: 09:45:35, 12/03/17 »
Glad you enjoyed Brimham, some lovely walks to be had around that area, although I've never eaten there a shame the kiosk wasn't open so you could stay longer (I believe the kiosk is only open on weekends until after easter but would need to check).

Clickeelinkee to various walks around the rocks and Nidderdale - https://www.nationaltrust.org.uk/brimham-rocks/features/get-walking-at-brimham-rocks
I travel not to go anywhere, but to go. I travel for travel's sake.

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy