Author Topic: downloading photos  (Read 2363 times)

dinger

downloading photos
« on: 11:43:49, 09/03/17 »

Hi all, ive tried to download a few photos but it says cant download due to wrong size.
How do I make them fit to download?
Thanks.

ninthace

• Veteran Member
Re: downloading photos
« Reply #1 on: 12:55:50, 09/03/17 »
Depends how you are trying to do it. Suggest you search "resize" on the forum search function and google how to post pictures in a forum.
Solvitur Ambulando

bricam2096

• Veteran Member
« Reply #2 on: 15:11:42, 09/03/17 »
It's most likely that the file size is too large. Maybe the photos need making smaller or possibly you have them saved on a format which uses more KBs and might need to save them as a JPEG file instead...who knows?
LDWs done - 32 in total including 16 National Trails and 3 C2C

Wainwrights 176
www.brians-walks.co.uk

alewife

• Veteran Member
« Reply #3 on: 16:47:57, 10/03/17 »
depends which hosting site you use, eg with tinypic you resize as you upload them from your camera. i always upload to FB, I know you lose some quality but I am all for doing things the easy way. You don't have to share them on FB, just copy image and paste on here.
Alewife

...beware of the bull!

gunwharfman

• Veteran Member
« Reply #4 on: 18:26:16, 10/03/17 »
When this came up in the past I remember the suggestion was to download 'Imageresizer 3'. I downloaded it, its still on my PC but to date I have never used it. Maybe this might help?

Forkbeard

« Reply #5 on: 13:16:55, 15/03/17 »

Your best bet is Flickr - it's totally free and you get a truckload of storage. You can uplod to Flickr, then share different size pictures via the 'bbcode' function. You can upload them at the original size (takes a while), or resize them yourself first which may same you a lot of time.

The best free and easy photo editor IMO is FastStone Image Viewer. Not only does it easily resize, it's got a whole host of editing tools for jpegs. It works wonders if your PC isn't too fast as well (like mine!).

http://www.faststone.org/
« Last Edit: 13:19:56, 15/03/17 by Forkbeard »

gunwharfman

• Veteran Member
« Reply #6 on: 17:59:26, 15/03/17 »
Although I believe I can work a computer quite well my ongoing weakness is anything to do with photos, never been my thing. I downloaded FastStone to have a look. Gobblygook to me, so I deleted it. Sorry.

Forkbeard

« Reply #7 on: 09:23:36, 16/03/17 »
Although I believe I can work a computer quite well my ongoing weakness is anything to do with photos, never been my thing. I downloaded FastStone to have a look. Gobblygook to me, so I deleted it. Sorry.

Oh well, we all have our weaknesses. Put me behind the wheel of a car and there will be carnage!

dinger

« Reply #8 on: 14:53:46, 16/03/17 »
Thanks guys.

snoopdawg

« Reply #9 on: 19:34:16, 16/03/17 »
I used to mainly use imgur and still do occasionally. It is a slow process and I find now I can only operate on google chrome.

I have  tried photobucket but that too is laborious.

I now use flickr. Once you have done your initial upload to the site its easy to obtain your BBcode and the resizing is done.

pleb

• Veteran Member
« Reply #10 on: 10:34:17, 17/03/17 »
photobucket has thrown a wobbly-it wont let me upload some photos, despite accepting that I logged in correctly! I look at my old pics, fine, but try n upload some more.....................n it keeps asking me to log in again! and again n again
BLOODI CRAPBUCKET!
Whinging Moaning Old Fart

DevonDave

• Veteran Member
« Reply #11 on: 12:46:11, 17/03/17 »
photobucket has thrown a wobbly-it wont let me upload some photos, despite accepting that I logged in correctly! I look at my old pics, fine, but try n upload some more.....................n it keeps asking me to log in again! and again n again
BLOODI CRAPBUCKET!
I had exactly the same problem with Photobucket.  Some months ago it suddenly wouldn't let me in to my account and I can now no longer access the photos I had uploaded.  I changed to Tinypic and so far things are OK.

Penygadair

• Veteran Member
« Reply #12 on: 13:41:00, 17/03/17 »
I'm still wedded to Tinypic. Just occasionally it goes slow when downloading; even more occasionally it fails to download and the flaming pop-ups drive me mental. Having said that it is so simple to use and I have never had to resize any photo I've put on this site.

Dovegirl

• Veteran Member
« Reply #13 on: 13:46:11, 17/03/17 »
Another vote for Tinypic.  I find it so easy to use.

gunwharfman

• Veteran Member
« Reply #14 on: 14:12:06, 17/03/17 »
Here I am sitting in front of my PC, leg resting on a bag of frozen peas trying to improve my hamstring injury so decided to see if even I could upload a photo? If it show on the screen, this was few minutes in one day I'm happy to admit that I was pretty scared! The torrent of water burst through suddenly, straight over the edge of the footpath I was hiking along, mud, rocks and debris to the river about 50 feet below. The noise was deafening! A very exiting few minutes!

« Last Edit: 14:18:59, 17/03/17 by gunwharfman »

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy