Author Topic: Kendal Mint Cake  (Read 7209 times)

Mel

• Veteran Member
Re: Kendal Mint Cake
« Reply #15 on: 21:36:55, 02/04/17 »
Don't worry Mel, in a few posts time someone will read the first post not bother with the others and be outraged.

Here's hoping  O0   ;D   :D

bricam2096

• Veteran Member
« Reply #16 on: 22:07:30, 02/04/17 »
aweeee, I hope that the preceding posts are overlooked as it's a thread that will get bumped every now and again and further outrage will follow, lol.

Kendal Mint Cake....it's not a mint and it's not a cake, it's a cross between soap and mouthwash  :D
LDWs done - 32 in total including 16 National Trails and 3 C2C

Wainwrights 176
www.brians-walks.co.uk

ninthace

• Veteran Member
« Reply #17 on: 07:42:33, 03/04/17 »

Kendal Mint Cake....it's not a mint and it's not a cake, it's a cross between soap and mouthwash  :D

That is to denigrate soap and mouthwash! The only saving grace of KMC is that you will never be hungry if you have some in your pack on the basis that if you are, you would have to eat it.
Solvitur Ambulando

Innominate Man

• Veteran Member
« Reply #18 on: 08:16:09, 03/04/17 »
Priceless fernman and top marks, what a scoop   O0 
Only a hill but all of life to me, up there between the sunset and the sea. 
Geoffrey Winthrop Young

pleb

• Veteran Member
« Reply #19 on: 10:57:07, 03/04/17 »
Only just seen this, not been here since Friday morning.
I think its an outrage, I really do. >:( Will be some [censored] euro directive or something, contact your MP that's what I will do, for all the good, set of lazy useless [censored] overpaid [censored]! >:( >:( >:(
Whinging Moaning Old Fart

April

• Veteran Member
« Reply #20 on: 13:41:22, 03/04/17 »
Kendal Mint Cake is on the banned list (vile, horrible stuff it is) so it makes no difference if the ingredients are being changed  ;)  :)

Shame I missed the other posts that have been deleted  :D

Edited to add, I have just realised Ridge posted about deleted posts that were on another forum  ;D
« Last Edit: 13:57:58, 03/04/17 by April »
Hate will never win

Skip

• Veteran Member
« Reply #21 on: 14:17:28, 03/04/17 »
Kendal Mint Cake ... vile, horrible stuff it is...

That's putting it mildly!
Skip

Dyffryn Ardudwy

• Veteran Member
« Reply #22 on: 15:04:19, 03/04/17 »
Kendal Mint Cake is still seen as one of the most beneficial quick energy boost, snacks on the outdoor market, that's why it's been a favourite of many walkers for over a hundred years.
It may be incredibly high in sugary content, but when ones glucose energy reserves are almost depleted, it has that amazing effect of recharging the battery's.
On reading some more background to Romney's, Quiggins and a few other companies who developed  the sugar bar, back in the very early part of the last century, as such was it's popularity, John Hunt and the successful 1953 Everest team used it, whilst on the mountain.

It's a bit like Marmite, you either like the incredibly sweet taste of Mint Cake or you do not.

Its been a while since ive bought any, but the chocolate covered version is a favourite of mine.

What will the Government target next.?

Placing a tax on sugar, will do nothing at all to the majority of people living in the Uk.

The overweight alway's complain about the yummy things in life, the things that are making them obese.

Many people have the capacity to do something about their weight, but because there is no easy fix to their problem, they lay the blame on sugar in food.

The easy answer to that, is eat less sugar, and burn off a few of those unwanted calories.

bricam2096

• Veteran Member
« Reply #23 on: 15:17:09, 03/04/17 »
literally "laughing out loud"  :D :D
LDWs done - 32 in total including 16 National Trails and 3 C2C

Wainwrights 176
www.brians-walks.co.uk

pleb

• Veteran Member
« Reply #24 on: 15:50:11, 03/04/17 »
 ;D

Rhino

• Veteran Member
« Reply #25 on: 16:04:27, 03/04/17 »
Brill  ;D
Wainwrights Completed 12/12/15

Glyno

• Veteran Member
« Reply #26 on: 16:14:00, 03/04/17 »
you couldn't make it up.  ;)

Dyf Ard, I'm with you by the way... people should spend more time exercising and less time in front of their computers  O0

pleb

• Veteran Member
« Reply #27 on: 16:19:16, 03/04/17 »
Surely somebody DID make it up?

Glyno

• Veteran Member
« Reply #28 on: 16:36:56, 03/04/17 »
Surely somebody DID make it up?

really? I feel a right idiot now  :-[

gunwharfman

• Veteran Member
« Reply #29 on: 16:49:40, 03/04/17 »
Well done, I believed it and it bought out my views about food 'improvements', I'm very suspicious when scientists start mucking about with food. I remember reading 'Fat is a feminist Issue' by Susie Orbach years ago, about obesity and at the time it was a very popular book.

Obesity is an interesting subject which I suspect has many causes. One of them could be an indicator of a mental health problem, an undiagnosed medical issue, depression, personal unhappiness and so on but one thing always seems to be very viewable when seeing obese people in the flesh is that they eat too much!

I know someone who is very overweight, she had her stomach made smaller by surgery and she lost weight for a while. Now she is as big as before the operation.

The other book I remember reading was 'Dieting makes you fat!', I always thought that this was sound advice. I've never dieted and I'm still about the same weight as I was when I was 20. Human beings are rather odd I think!

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy