Author Topic: Snowdon voted best view in the Uk ? ive seen better.  (Read 2200 times)

Dyffryn Ardudwy

• Veteran Member
A special survey carried out by the BBC, have shown that the view from the summit of Snowdon is the finest in the whole of the British Isles. :)
This is probably down to the popularity of the mountain, but there are some vistas in the Highlands that would shame the view from Snowdon"s summit.
Last year, when coming around the corner in Kintail on the way to Skye, the clarity of the air was breathtaking.
The seven Sisters, with the Cullins in the distant background was like a picture postcard, a view that i will never forget.
Granted the weather was spot on, but even when ive had superb weather in the colder winter months, ive never been bowled over by the view from the top of Snowdon.

The view down the entire spine of Mid Wales, with the Brecon Beacons on the distant horizon, from the summit of Diffwys, can equal that of Snowdon, but because the mountain gets record numbers of visitors, its bound to get more votes. :)

toadoftoadhall

Re: Snowdon voted best view in the Uk ? ive seen better.
« Reply #1 on: 13:54:34, 11/04/17 »
been up 5 times, only once was there a view to be seen at all.

Glyno

• Veteran Member
« Reply #2 on: 17:08:54, 11/04/17 »
I think anyone with half a brain is capable of making up their own mind as to what their favourite view is without the need for the BBC (or Trail mag for example) telling them.

gunwharfman

• Veteran Member
« Reply #3 on: 20:29:11, 11/04/17 »
Personally, I think its silly and non news! For example, The Mail today used the Snowden photo as their main headline, obviously much more important than Russia, Syria, North Korea and that weird man Mr Trump. Why would The Mail do that?

Steve922

« Reply #4 on: 19:15:59, 13/04/17 »
I wonder how and amongst whom the poll was conducted?  I would think the railway to Snowdon might be most people's experience of mountain-top views.

Cairncamper

« Reply #5 on: 19:38:00, 17/04/17 »
I read that this is arguably the best view in the UK.

I bloody love it and will camp in that exact spot one day, unless someone else has nicked it.  :P

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Xj-G0dxV80

Dyffryn Ardudwy

• Veteran Member
« Reply #6 on: 13:59:29, 28/04/17 »
A great video, and as i suspected, areas of N Western Scotland can shame any location south of the Scottish border.
Snowdon obviously got the nod, simply because its the most frequented summit in the entire Uk, but that does not make it the best view.
Its quite impressive, but there are finer views, if one cares to look for them.

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy