Author Topic: The Derwent Watershed  (Read 1466 times)

harry_keogh

The Derwent Watershed
« on: 22:20:10, 28/06/17 »
Last Tuesday (20th June), I completed one of two big challenge walks I had set myself for the year. The Derwent Watershed. Was a great day for it too - the temperature had dropped a few degrees but still had plenty of sunshine up until the early afternoon when the clag came in. My second challenge walk of the year will come this weekend when I attempt the full Pendle Way in a day (hopefully 18 hours).

Full report on my blog: The Derwent Watershed

Surfer99

Re: The Derwent Watershed
« Reply #1 on: 12:54:43, 29/06/17 »
That's some walk in a day, well done and an excellent write up.

harry_keogh

« Reply #2 on: 13:20:33, 29/06/17 »
That's some walk in a day, well done and an excellent write up.

Cheers!  O0

pleb

• Veteran Member
« Reply #3 on: 15:52:14, 29/06/17 »
40 miles in a day! Think my record is 15.......respect!
Whinging Moaning Old Fart

harry_keogh

« Reply #4 on: 16:26:32, 29/06/17 »
40 miles in a day! Think my record is 15.......respect!

Yep - and tomorrow after work, I'll be heading up to Colne, Lancs to ready myself for the next one! Will be setting off walking at 4.30am Saturday Morning from Wycoller. This time it's going to be around 50 miles, or just under.

I'm not even sure I've recovered properly from the last one. I've overslept every morning since the Derwent Watershed walk last week. I don't seem to recover as fast as I used to! Was probably a mistake to get up and go to work the next day. At least I'll have a couple of days off after this one.

Surfer99

« Reply #5 on: 16:32:26, 29/06/17 »

Yep - and tomorrow after work, I'll be heading up to Colne, Lancs to ready myself for the next one! Will be setting off walking at 4.30am Saturday Morning from Wycoller. This time it's going to be around 50 miles, or just under.

I'm not even sure I've recovered properly from the last one. I've overslept every morning since the Derwent Watershed walk last week. I don't seem to recover as fast as I used to! Was probably a mistake to get up and go to work the next day. At least I'll have a couple of days off after this one.

Good luck ! look forward to the TR

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy