Author Topic: Hello from a Yank  (Read 767 times)

FatBaldDuck

Hello from a Yank
« on: 15:12:52, 06/08/17 »
As I approach self-imposed redundancy (a.k.a., retirement) in a few years, I hope to tick a few things off my bucket list which includes hiking the Pennine Way during my MANY waning years ... looking at this forum, it seems that there are many other trails available ... but I heard about the PW from my wife, a Geordie.  Anticipating gleaning tons of information! 8)
(BTW ...FatBaldDuck refers to the facts that: I'm fat.  I'm bald.  I do a pretty good Donald Duck.)
I am not young enough to know everything.

Laissez les bons temps rouler!!!
                     8)

gunwharfman

• Veteran Member
Re: Hello from a Yank
« Reply #1 on: 16:07:27, 06/08/17 »
Welcome from Portsmouth. I'm 72 and have done the Pennine Way both ways in the past few years, my personal preference is from North to South. I would suggest as as starter, that you Google in 'National Trails', all of them are on one site and well described. Good luck!

sussamb

• Veteran Member
« Reply #2 on: 17:56:27, 06/08/17 »
Also look in the LDW section, there is lots of info on the PW, I too have done it twice and there are lots of folks here who have done it many times, just ask away with any queries.  It's a great walk  :)
Where there's a will ...

FatBaldDuck

« Reply #3 on: 18:12:15, 06/08/17 »
Thanks to both of you O0 ... will lurk :-X for a while & begin to ask questions as I begin to seriously plan ...
I am not young enough to know everything.

Laissez les bons temps rouler!!!
                     8)

harland

• Veteran Member
« Reply #4 on: 20:06:07, 06/08/17 »
Welcome from Portsmouth. I'm 72 and have done the Pennine Way both ways in the past few years, my personal preference is from North to South. I would suggest as as starter, that you Google in 'National Trails', all of them are on one site and well described. Good luck!
I'm also in my 70s, well my birth certificate says so but I don't believe it!  Not wanting to be contentious and I haven't walked it N>S, I prefer to walk by myself but I do like the comradeship of other walkers in the evenings that S>N gives you as most people do it that way.

sunnydale

• Veteran Member
« Reply #5 on: 13:51:34, 08/08/17 »
Hi F.B.D and welcome from the Peak District O0

Tracey :)
***Happiness is only a smile away***

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy