Author Topic: Leave them to die!  (Read 1702 times)

gunwharfman

• Veteran Member
Re: Leave them to die!
« Reply #45 on: 17:18:59, 25/08/17 »
After reading all of the comments I conclude that there is space in the world for everyone and even if someone is in trouble, someone, somewhere will benefit from the experience, or gain personal pride knowing that they helped to rescue them from danger, even if you privately feel like telling them off for being such plonkers. But on the other hand, businesses or charity, they get money from somewhere or someone, the business or charity then buys stuff and services (other people now benefit, hopefully secures other peoples jobs, the business makes a profit and so on) then the stuff gets used, wears out and is replaced, newspapers get involved, helps to secure another persons job, the newspaper sells and so on and so on, part of life's rich pattern. Very simplistic I know but at an individual level, I can understand why the people described, can annoy a lot of other people! But without them, a lot of people may not be employed!

dinger

« Reply #46 on: 21:52:12, 25/08/17 »
I agree there should be call out fees in emergencies , the funds will go towards the costs of items for mountain rescue, and small funding for rescuers too has they don't get paid.

jethro10

« Reply #47 on: 08:49:11, 26/08/17 »
I agree there should be call out fees in emergencies , the funds will go towards the costs of items for mountain rescue, and small funding for rescuers too has they don't get paid.

I think I used to agree to that. But seemingly evidence by MRT's show it delays people asking for help and ends up making it worse.
I'm kind with Gunwhgarfman on this. Pragmatically the world keeps on turning.
If anything, and it would be close to impossible to do, a direct tax on outdoor equipment sales funneled to where it's needed.
J