Author Topic: Daysack found  (Read 926 times)

Plwm

Daysack found
« on: 16:41:34, 08/08/17 »
Daysack found on Great Crag. No-one came towards us on approach to the summit, no-one within sight or sound of the summit either!

Not much in the way of stuff in it but if you think it's yours, want it back and can tell me the the make and contents get in touch. I'm staying in the Lakes till Sat 12th August and happy to arrange to meet up...

Cheers

Mel

• Veteran Member
Re: Daysack found
« Reply #1 on: 18:33:08, 08/08/17 »
I'm sure your intentions are well meant but, why did you move it? 

DevonDave

• Veteran Member
« Reply #2 on: 19:03:39, 08/08/17 »
I'm sure your intentions are well meant but, why did you move it?

I was wondering this too.  They may have left it to collect on their return.

Plwm

« Reply #3 on: 20:33:32, 08/08/17 »
I appreciate what your saying. We did debate on what to do and came to the decision to try to reunite it with it's owner through online media. Our decision was based on the following - no-one had come towards us on our approach to the summit (and would therefore be ahead of us if still in the area), we were on the summit for around 15-20mins and were clearly the only people in the vicinity, if they were ahead of us we would meet them if they had turned back and they would see us carrying it and as it was late in the day it may have been sitting there for some time.

There is nothing of any real value in the bag, in fact it's virtually empty with no name or address. If this was the wrong decision it was made with the best of intentions.

sunnydale

• Veteran Member
« Reply #4 on: 20:36:32, 08/08/17 »

If this was the wrong decision it was made with the best of intentions.

I'd have done the same  :)
***Happiness is only a smile away***

Lakeland Lorry

« Reply #5 on: 09:17:23, 10/08/17 »
If you're in Keswick over the next couple of days, then it might be worthwhile popping into the TIC at the Moot Hall in Keswick and letting them know you've found it.   Just in case anyone has been in to see them about it.

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy