Author Topic: Beddgelert parking query  (Read 2267 times)

fernman

• Veteran Member
Beddgelert parking query
« on: 20:31:42, 10/08/17 »
I'm thinking of starting a multiple-day circuit from Beddgelert next month.
Last time I was there I left my car  in the middle of the village at the side of the A4085 main road (to Rhyd-Ddu and Caernarfon).
It was OK to park there then, but that was 9 years ago.
My question is, does anyone from the general area or someone with recent knowledge know if it is still possible to do that, or has the road gained parking restrictions in the intervening years?
I know there are two car parks but they are pay & display, so I won't be able to leave my car for more than one day (and I'm not keen on paying anyway).

phil1960

• Veteran Member
Re: Beddgelert parking query
« Reply #1 on: 13:21:17, 11/08/17 »
Personally I wouldn't leave my car in the village centre, it does get very busy with traffic and people. Having stayed in Beddgelert on four occasions now, I know that a lot of people not using the car parks, tend to park outside the cottages both as you enter Beddgelert from Nantgwynant and also as you leave Beddgelert just before the now closed Gelert shop going toward Rhyd Ddu. It does annoy those staying in the cottages though so if you are lucky enough to get a space with no double yellows, don't be surprised if someone parks an inch from your bumper.
Touching from a distance, further all the time.

Penygadair

• Veteran Member
« Reply #2 on: 14:07:03, 11/08/17 »
Sorry Howard. When I go to Beddgelert I use the bus from Porhmadog as parking is generally a nightmare

If you wanted to leave your car in Porthmadog for three days free of charge and reasonably safe I can give directions.

fernman

• Veteran Member
« Reply #3 on: 16:18:06, 11/08/17 »
Thanks for the replies, both of you. I opted to receive notifications of replies but I didn't get any, so it's a good job I looked.

I hadn't considered bussing from Porthmadog, that's a good suggestion but as I was thinking of spending my first night camping at Beddgelert, on Cae Du site, it would be a bit pointless.

I'm not bothered about anyone parking an inch from my bumper, that's what it's like at home, lol, and my 12 years old car is covered in marks just from being in Tescos car park for 45 minutes each Friday!

Where I had in mind in Beddgelert was in the area just north of the road junction, with the river and pavement one side and the Post Office etc, on the other side of the road. Just hoping it doesn't have yellow lines now.

phil1960

• Veteran Member
« Reply #4 on: 19:03:32, 12/08/17 »
There are some spaces opposite the Saracen without double yellows, also I think opposite the ice cream shop  O0
Touching from a distance, further all the time.

fernman

• Veteran Member
« Reply #5 on: 19:48:08, 12/08/17 »
Now that's what I was hoping to hear O0

I'll try and remember to confirm it on here after my trip, but that won't be over till 4 or 5 weeks' from now.

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy