Author Topic: new waterproof jacket and pants  (Read 635 times)

nesty

Re: new waterproof jacket and pants
« Reply #15 on: 23:46:44, 14/08/17 »
Thanks everyone, ive just going to collect my Berghaus deluge trousers, go outdoors 55 with discount card so I found them at 35 from gaynors ambleside. So I sent fill in form on go out doors price match plus 10% extra off and they have just accepted to sell for 31 . Bargain!

I got mine for 29 from Go Outdoors. I must of used a cheap price match!

sussamb

• Veteran Member
« Reply #16 on: 07:16:21, 15/08/17 »
Or not ... they are often reduced in price  O0
Where there's a will ...

kinkyboots

• Veteran Member
« Reply #17 on: 11:38:31, 20/08/17 »
More jackets reviewed here which may be worth having a look at http://www.outdoorgearlab.com/topics/clothing-mens/best-rain-jacket

tillster

« Reply #18 on: 20:50:42, 11/09/17 »
I find those preceip reviews a bit odd, TBH

I used a precip for quite some time and it never failed to keep the rain out - for 60 quid i thought it was great value for money

Of course, it kept my bucket loads of sweat in too, save for the steam billowing from the pit zips

sussamb

• Veteran Member
« Reply #19 on: 21:18:11, 11/09/17 »
I used a precip for quite some time and it never failed to keep the rain out - for 60 quid i thought it was great value for money

O0 O0 O0
Where there's a will ...

NeilC

« Reply #20 on: 21:34:34, 11/09/17 »
I have 9 overtrousers from Decathlon. They seem fine. Wore them for the whole weekend this week where it rained for most of the time.  Kept me dry and weren't too sweaty.

gunwharfman

• Veteran Member
« Reply #21 on: 22:40:11, 11/09/17 »
I keep dry by using a rain skirt, 10 secs to put on, 10 secs to get off and no real heat areas from the waist down. A friend of my wife's made mine, which is better than the one I purchased, for a start I have little leaded beads all around the hem to help keep it down when the wind blows. I'm still trying to perfect the vertical fitting, the purchased skirts use velcro, which I would like to improve on. Looking at magnets at the moment. A friend of ours uses a magnetic curtain, its splits down the middle when you walk through and gravity brings the magnets together to close it. He bought it from Wilkinsons, I need to experiment with this idea

When I used waterproof trousers I too used Deluge and followed a bit of advice from someone on this forum to manage their main disadvantage, mud from your boots on the inside of the legs. I always carried a couple of Tesco plastic bags with me to solve this irritation. When I put them on, the plastic bags over the boots first, then down the trouser legs, works a treat! Then store in the rucksack to be used again.The reverse when taking them off.

I have a Paramo Alta and a Marmot Precip, both good for different times of the year. My Paramo makes me too hot in the summer. I am tiring of waterproof jackets so I am increasingly turning to a combination of my poncho and Precip (although I want to change to another make soon) and to start using an umbrella with them as well. I'll see how it goes when I hike this side of Christmas.