Author Topic: Found - Tarp wrapped around other gear - Near Hadrians Wall  (Read 802 times)

Wildernesschris

Hi,

Sorry could't see a lost and found forum ?

I have posted this on a few message board on different sites and it suddenly occurred to me the owner may have been doing the Pennine Way.

I found a green tarp wrapped around some other gear (I'm not telling you what  - the real owner needs to tell me!)

It was under a stile within a couple of miles of Hadrians Wall.

Tell me the exact date and time you lost it and a very detailed description of the items and i will post it to you.

Chris

staggerindragon

How fast can you get it back there?  That sounds like a wildcamper who just ducked out to go to the pub/shop.

Ridge

• Veteran Member
This must be a wind up.
If it's not it should be in a stolen section not a found one.

Wildernesschris

I never said it was today I found it, I'm not giving out any other info.

I don't think it was left on purpose, it was absolutely miles from any shop/pub and I think had fallen under the fence - the only reason i found is is because I dropped something under the stile when i was getting a snickers out my bag.

I think it had been there for some time.

I think the person probably was doing something similar to me and has dropped it

There was no one around, I stayed there for 30 minutes procrastinating wether to take it or not.

At the end of the day someone could have come back, or they could have been headed to some other part of the country and the next person who found it may have thought 'finders keepers'

Part of me wishes i'd left it, but I actually lost something in the Cairngorms and someone found it a week later and sent it back to me - if that person had assumed I was coming back for it they'd have just left it....and I never would have got it back.

Wildernesschris

Excuse me are you flipping serious?

If it was 'Stolen' then why would i have advertised the fact that I had found it on several websites and be offering to return it to the person?

Who on earth would take some kit out of their bag, drop it behind a fence and then just leave it there in the middle of nowhere getting soaking wet?

The nearest pub is about 5 miles away.

And can I just point out that i haven't actually detailed what was there !! it wasn't wrapped in a tarp like a nice little waterproof cache, it literally wasn't wrapped properly at all, and all the gear was soaking wet and covered in mud.

It could have been there for several days.

Ridge

• Veteran Member
I wasn't being completely flipping serious but the way you described it made it sound like hidden kit not lost kit.

Wildernesschris

It definitely was not hidden kit.

No way.

Clearly an accident.

Hopefully I can get it back to the person.

If anyone has any suggestions of other websites I could advertise it on would be much appreciated.

thomasdevon

Well done Chris, I say.

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy