Author Topic: Hello! I have an idea..  (Read 1083 times)

JemmaFilmmaker

Hello! I have an idea..
« on: 08:19:29, 18/08/17 »
Hello there, I hope you're well..!
"What's the big idea?" I'm working on a short documentary film concept and I'd like your feedback, since it sort of involves you.

Ever since I read Bill Bryson's 'A Walk in the Woods' I've wanted to do a "proper walk" and, after some research, was drawn to the Pennine Way.
As I'm studying documentary film I'd like to combine the two.

I want to make a short film about the Pennine Way and it's people.

I plan to walk a short part of the trail, about 3 or 4 days (that's all that my annual leave will allow - so, perhaps not really a "proper walk"), whilst filming the landscape and hopefully meeting some walkers who wouldn't mind talking with me on film/or just audio, about why they are walking, or why they enjoy the PW.

I'd like your initial reaction to this, please!
Thanks,
All the best,
Jemma

P.S. please let me know which topic section is best for other posts like this
Thanks
« Last Edit: 08:35:00, 18/08/17 by JemmaFilmmaker »

Mel

• Veteran Member
Re: Hello! I have an idea..
« Reply #1 on: 19:13:43, 18/08/17 »
Get out and walk it right now....  One of our forum members is on the trail as we speak  O0

I'm sure, whichever part of it you choose to walk, you will bump into other Pennine Way-ers who would be happy to chat about why they're walking it.

Personally, I'd like to see documentaries about lesser-known trails... and one that involves seeing more of the trail and less of the presenter's whims.

There's currently a programme called "Walks Around Britain" which is a series of short half/day walks which you might find interesting from a walking/presenting point of view.  It's currently being shown on the Community channel and also my local channel "Estuary TV". 
Good luck with your quest  O0

John Walker

« Reply #2 on: 19:45:41, 21/08/17 »
I agree with Mel (about everything  ;) ). 
Also, thanks Mel for telling me/us about Walks around Britain programmes.  I've not managed to see it on Community Channel yet because my partner is obsessed with watching La Vuelta cycle race, on at the same time (she seems to think racing bikes is more exciting than lone walkers!).  But I've watched the Youtube versions of some episodes and it looks good, a lot better for walkers than the equivalent progs on BBC, ITV or Ch4, in my view.

But looking forward to hearing more from Jemma about a future PW programme. 
http://www.greenlives.org.uk/walk.html
National Trails completed: SWCP, Thames, SDW and NDW

Mel

• Veteran Member
« Reply #3 on: 00:28:24, 23/08/17 »
No, I can't imagine why your partner would want to watch a load of fit blokes in skin tight lycra cycling gear either....  ;)

John Walker

« Reply #4 on: 20:17:24, 23/08/17 »
I agree with Mel again, it's a no-brainer choice between the two  ;)

JW
http://www.greenlives.org.uk/walk.html
National Trails completed: SWCP, Thames, SDW and NDW

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy