Author Topic: Hi From Wiltshire  (Read 580 times)

G2EWS

Hi From Wiltshire
« on: 15:30:10, 06/09/17 »
Hi,

I am Chris from near Devizes in Wiltshire.

Used to be an outdoor activity instructor over 30 years ago. Doing voluntary work when in the RAF with RAF personnel, their children and with the social services looking after problem children.

As the years went on this great hobby got pushed aside once we started our own business.

Earlier this year after my folks passed away, we decided to spread some of their ashes on Pen-y-Ghent a favourite location of theirs. So I thought I better get back in the swing of walking! I was still fairly fit as I have a gym in my office and used it as often as I could, but definitely not enough!

Subscribed to ViewRanger and signed up to their 1500 mile challenge on 11th April 2017. Currently as of today I have completed 865.5 miles and am on target to complete well before the end of the year.

I am fortunate enough that my work with the UK water companies takes me all over the country. I take my motorhome and as an early riser I nearly always get a walk in first thing.

Looking forward to seeing what the forum has to offer and definitely have some questions I need answered which may of course already be somewhere here!

Regards

Chris

buntonn

Re: Hi From Wiltshire
« Reply #1 on: 12:33:20, 07/09/17 »
Hi Chris and welcome, sorry to hear about your loss, but looks like something positive has come out of it as it's got you back into something you enjoyed years ago. I am new to it in fact and thoroughly enjoying it, always thinking when I can squeeze in that next adventure and already thinking hard about next year.

Some great members here who have been very helpful to me getting started and planning from equipment to wild camping spots.

Anyway have fun and your job sounds ideal allowing you to travel and getting out for a stroll in the mornings.

Best wishes

Nick
Desperately trying to escape and venture in the wild outdoors...

G2EWS

Re: Hi From Wiltshire
« Reply #2 on: 12:35:48, 07/09/17 »
Hi Nick,

Thanks for the welcome.

As an early riser, it is easy for me. Better than sitting on the computer talking to friends on facebook!

Regards

Chris

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy