Author Topic: Hadrian's wall walks & your best views of Hadrian's Wall?  (Read 852 times)

wildCAMPER

Hi All - I really enjoy walking along Hadrian's Wall and the rugged Northumberland landscapes that are steeped in history. Hadrian's wall must be one of the most popular places to walk in Britain and it's very photogenic. I'm interested to know other peoples experiences of walking the wall and your best views / photos of the wall. I've never actually walked from coast to coast in one go - but my favourite part of Hadrian's wall to walk is from Steel Rigg to Housesteads - as the views are incredible. What are other peoples favourite sections of the wall? Did you enjoy walking coast to coast? Any tips? Any photos you would like to share? Below are some of my best views so far - would be great see others and even learn of some links to the full walk as one day I might tackle it!

The popular Sycamore Gap - classic Hadrian's wall view

Another classic view - looking towards the Housesteads section of Hadrian's Wall:

I love this view too looking towards Crag Lough - it gives a real sense of the sort of terrain that the wall covers right into the distance

And if anyone is interested - a blog post on my Hadrian;s Wall walk can be found here http://stuarthodgson.blogspot.co.uk/2012/10/best-hadrians-wall-walk-views.html

If you have any pics of your trip to Hadrian's Wall - please share

gunwharfman

• Veteran Member
Its that tree again! What amused me about Robin Hood, Prince of Thieves was trying to explain to a 8 year old how Robin could land at Beachy Head and in the very next scene be on Hadrians Wall! She had travelled enough to know that to get from one to the other it would take dad, mum and her a whole day to get there. She also knew that Robin didn't have a car!

Dovegirl

• Veteran Member
Great photos wildCAMPER     :)    so I hesitate to post one of mine but here's one I took at Walltown

Walltown

I've walked from Walltown to Cawfields and from Once Brewed to Housesteads

wildCAMPER

@gunwharfman - I know what you mean - the film makes out Aysgarth falls & sycamore gap are in Sherwood forest :)

@dovegirl - nice pic the wall looks pretty big there doesn't it

micmac

I enjoyed reading your blog on your walk wildCAMPER.  
 I've never been to Hadrian's wall. It will be a walk me and my daughter will have to try and get in sometime.

sunnydale

• Veteran Member
Great blog/photos Wildcamper O0
***Happiness is only a smile away***

wildCAMPER

Thanks @sunnydale & @micmac - definitely try and take your daughter - she'll enjoy it

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy