Author Topic: Good evening  (Read 915 times)

poppymary

Good evening
« on: 19:48:09, 25/09/17 »
Hi!

I'm a super unfit person living in Norfolk. I have a phobia of mud (yes... panic attack, freezing, the whole lot) and I hate being cold or wet (ick)... but this weekend just gone, I went on a climbing holiday in the Peaks (Hope Valley) and loved some of the walking. I managed to not panic at the mud (although did have a panic attack half way up a rock face... d'oh).
Anyways...
I think I'd like to try this walking lark. I loved all the scenery from up high, and love water and nature in general. However... I am poor :( (I spend all my money on my car and climbing)... not used to hills, and terrified of mud, etc... so it's kinda scary!

I'm not really sure what I'm looking for... just maybe some ideas. I'm looking around at bags and stuff but they're sooo expensive! I borrowed shoes and some clothes for the trip away, but would obviously need to get my own if I do start walking a bit.

Nice to meet you all :)

Mary

sunnydale

• Veteran Member
Re: Good evening
« Reply #1 on: 20:22:44, 26/09/17 »
Hi Mary and welcome from the Peak District O0

Tracey :)
***Happiness is only a smile away***

walkingthedog

« Reply #2 on: 20:23:37, 26/09/17 »
Hello Mary first of all well done on your climbing holiday its a start for conquering your phobia, and secondly welcome to the forum a really friendly bunch. O0

poppymary

« Reply #3 on: 20:30:21, 26/09/17 »
Thanks.
I still need to work on mud and everything, but getting there slowly.  :-[

gunwharfman

• Veteran Member
« Reply #4 on: 21:54:47, 26/09/17 »
Welcome from Old Portsmouth. Sorry a bit confused, you spend all of your money on your car (easy to do) and 'climbing'? Do you mean outdoor climbing, indoor climbing, car hill climbing?

poppymary

« Reply #5 on: 22:06:43, 26/09/17 »
Sorry. I spend a lot keeping my car on the road (mostly diesel) and I do indoor climbing at a local university. I've just been on a trip and climbed outside for the first time which was what's made me want to get outside more etc.

gunwharfman

• Veteran Member
« Reply #6 on: 22:19:23, 26/09/17 »
I've always fancied having a go at it but never have. For me its the same with swimming, I never did learn. I remember an outdoor climbing wall one on the Tour du Mont Blanc circuit, loads of kids, mums and dads having great fun. Also seen the episode where Sheldon tried it.  :)

poppymary

« Reply #7 on: 07:00:56, 27/09/17 »
I love climbing. It's been great for me, especially my coordination and confidence  O0 

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy