Author Topic: Tested my Paramo  (Read 3587 times)

nesty

Re: Tested my Paramo
« Reply #15 on: 00:04:58, 25/01/18 »
I have a Helki I love it. I did have some first time issues with it soaking out. Though after tx direct it has been great.
The only thing I find with Paramo gear. It can get warm and after a while the inside can get clammy and sticky from sweat. Though I suppose most jackets like that after so much use!

NeilC

• Veteran Member
« Reply #16 on: 08:52:58, 25/01/18 »
I have a Helki I love it. I did have some first time issues with it soaking out. Though after tx direct it has been great.
The only thing I find with Paramo gear. It can get warm and after a while the inside can get clammy and sticky from sweat. Though I suppose most jackets like that after so much use!

I wish it had some pit zips. I'm partly wishing I'd bought maybe a Quito instead. Just a little more venting would be perfect.

archaeoroutes

• Veteran Member
« Reply #17 on: 18:57:10, 25/01/18 »
They are. But so is the Velez Adventure Light smock, that I’ve never had same problem with.
The trousers have stretch panels, which aren't quite the same material - note the difference in shine. Or at least mine do.
Walking routes visiting ancient sites in Britain's uplands: http://www.archaeoroutes.co.uk

pauldawes

• Veteran Member
« Reply #18 on: 19:36:28, 25/01/18 »
The trousers have stretch panels, which aren't quite the same material - note the difference in shine. Or at least mine do.

Cheers.

I’m not alone by the way in finding the waterproofness of the Velez trousers problematical...Geordie (who used to contribute here a lot, haven’t spotted any of his postings for a long time) reported same issue.

nesty

« Reply #19 on: 23:27:34, 09/02/18 »

I wish it had some pit zips. I'm partly wishing I'd bought maybe a Quito instead. Just a little more venting would be perfect.

Agree!
I Unzip front (when not raining) and angle out the side (as wearing a rucksack), creates a decent air catch vacuum, if wind blowing towards you! 

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy