Author Topic: Meindl air active leather boots.  (Read 812 times)

Rmdf

Meindl air active leather boots.
« on: 15:13:41, 18/03/18 »
Hi all,

I'm wondering if anyone has had a bad experience with Meindl air active leather walking boots. I've had mine for a couple of years and covered about 800 miles in them. The Vibram sole has completely worn away, on both boots, just under the toes.The rest of the sole is absolutely fine and good for many more miles. I also have a pair of Merrell boots, for the  summer, and an old pair of Zamberlin Treck Lites which have both covered more miles than the Meindls and neither have worn in the same place. Bob.

Mel

• Veteran Member
Re: Meindl air active leather boots.
« Reply #1 on: 18:45:24, 18/03/18 »
Not exactly.  Or rather, the same but opposite  :D

I have some Meindl shoes and the sole has worn more evenly than any of my other footwear.  I'm putting it down to some sort of corrective gait "thing" that my Meindls have which my other footwear doesn't.  Perhaps yours aren't suited to your particular gait but your other boots are?

.... orrrrr, they could be defective  :-\

Rmdf

« Reply #2 on: 20:36:35, 18/03/18 »
The wear looks really bizarre!  I'll try and post a photo tomorrow.

Rmdf

« Reply #3 on: 13:39:36, 19/03/18 »
I'v tried to post some pictures but failed miserably.  I'll send them off to be re - soled .

Mel

• Veteran Member
« Reply #4 on: 22:23:25, 19/03/18 »
Shame you couldn't post pics, it would have been interesting to see what you mean.  Hopefully getting them resoled will sort any future problems out with them for you.

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy