Author Topic: Hi all, just getting back onto the mountains after a break away.  (Read 1290 times)

ImSparticus

• Veteran Member
Hi all, thought it polite to do the intro before posting elswhere. Love the forums, have been reading posts for some time now.

Im just getting back into the mountains after a spell away, mainly due to work.....i travel some distance to office and back, right pain ! So im not totally new to this but no expert either. Having walked mostly in the north wales area I have ventured into the lakes and the peak district in all weathers, to be honest, as a group, we always had more of a laugh in the rain.....obligatory photos while manipulating soggy sandwiches lol.

Im hoping to do more in the lakes, although living on the edge of liverpool puts me in a great spot for most places.

Not long got my boots back from repairs so just breaking them in again, am looking to drive over to Llyn Brenig maybe next saturday or sunday for a nice easy walk weather permitting, always seems nice and quiet over that way?

Things that have changed since i was last into the mountains ? Well looks like Lowe Alpine dont use triplepoint anylonger and i have put on weight lol.

Mountain Challange ? Mmmmmm maybe make a proper espresso on some of the tops i visit ?

My mates dont walk.........they dont even walk far to their cars, so would be great to find a few walking buddies as I always say its safer in numbers.

I really like the forum, well done admins, content is nice with lots of help and advice.

So if approaching a trig point or mountain top you smell the aroma of really fresh coffee, then you spy a guy with a Moca Pot on the boil, then be sure to say hello and say you read this post lol.

Cheers guys

Den (Sparti)

Powered by Espresso !
More than 4000 people are injured by TeaPots each year in the UK!

Dizzy

• Veteran Member
Hi Den,

Welcome to the forum.I've just got back from Liverpool, I've been fondling the jackets and rucksacks in Cotswolds outdoors ;D.Just out of interest who or what is that massive white head next to the motorway?It's bugging me ???

genji

• Account Closed
Hi Den,

Welcome to the forum.I've just got back from Liverpool, I've been fondling the jackets and rucksacks in Cotswolds outdoors ;D.Just out of interest who or what is that massive white head next to the motorway?It's bugging me ???

Noticed that shop yesterday on our way to scope out TK Maxx. How is it?

That stupid white head on Sutton Manor coal field near St Helens is called 'The Big White Head' I think. Well, it's called 'Dream' by the 'artist', but 'The Big White Head' by normal people. It's there to celebrate the artist's uncontrollable self obsession. I mean, if he wants to do something worthwhile he should create an epic fail thread on a forum somewhere.
"pain is your bodies way of telling you that it is hurting"

ImSparticus

• Veteran Member
Well the statue is a source of controversy, heard a lot of comments on local radio. Not that many people that like it, it kinda looks a little like a  :o, please dont ban me lol.

Its on the Sutton manor Colliery and meant to a tribute to all the miners i think.

Heres a link to it

http://www.liverpooldailypost.co.uk/liverpool-life-features/capital-of-culture/2008/09/11/statue-dream-another-step-nearer-reality-64375-21796421/

Dizzy, you went to Cotswolds for jackets ? Thought Go Outdoors was cheaper ?

genji i like your monster thread, will be posting on it shortly

Thankyou for the welcome