Author Topic: Crowden Carpark walk  (Read 1259 times)

TheGUYuk

• Veteran Member
Crowden Carpark walk
« on: 15:48:02, 04/07/09 »

mike knipe

• Veteran Member
Re: Crowden Carpark walk
« Reply #1 on: 20:09:43, 04/07/09 »
Just been up there today - Crowden CP - Pennine Way to Black Hill, back via Westend Moss - just short of 11 miles. Easy walking.
Some kind of happiness is measured out in miles

See the blog!  www.northernpies.blogspot.com

TheGUYuk

• Veteran Member
« Reply #2 on: 20:51:04, 04/07/09 »
Just been up there today - Crowden CP - Pennine Way to Black Hill, back via Westend Moss - just short of 11 miles. Easy walking.

Cheers for the reply, is it a good walk or boring and how long would you estimate it would take, rating it against yourself. are you a fast walker, medium or plodder.

Any advice happily receieved.

mike knipe

• Veteran Member
« Reply #3 on: 21:20:28, 04/07/09 »
Cheers for the reply, is it a good walk or boring and how long would you estimate it would take, rating it against yourself. are you a fast walker, medium or plodder.

Any advice happily receieved.

Can't comment on the first question - I think that boredom on walks is usually a reflection on the intellect of the walker rather than anything else. its not boring if you get yourself interested in things that are around you and whatever your walking partners might be talking about.
It took us five hours which included a visit to an off-route top and quite a while sitting around having interesting conversations.  I could probably have done it an hour less and not sufferred. I'm not a fast walker, but I go on and on and on and on......
The return to Crowden could be a challenging bit of route finding in hill fog. Worth a go, actually. If it goes pear-shaped, head West and follow the little valley that runs parrallel to the wide ridge.
Some kind of happiness is measured out in miles

See the blog!  www.northernpies.blogspot.com

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy