Author Topic: Place to stay for Scafell Pike  (Read 7763 times)

Countryboy

Place to stay for Scafell Pike
« on: 16:25:09, 31/08/07 »
Hi

I'm planning a short trip to the Lakes to walk Scafell with my son, maximum two night stay. Has anyone got a good experience of a B&B, preferably within 10 miles of Wasdale Head? Our last trip to Snowdon was slightly dented by a not very nice bunkhouse, so any help welcome!

Cheers
Tim

KIDSTYPIKE

• Veteran Member
Re: Place to stay for Scafell Pike
« Reply #1 on: 17:16:29, 31/08/07 »
We stayed at Wha House Farm in Eskdale at the beginning of June. We stayed in a holiday cottage there but I do know that they do B&B as well.

Try this for info:
http://www.eskdaleweb.co.uk/framesets/whahousebandb.html

Dave
http://www.wainwright-wanderings.co.uk/
« Last Edit: 17:19:36, 31/08/07 by KIDSTYPIKE »

marmot

« Reply #2 on: 08:44:08, 08/09/07 »
Burnmoor Inn at Boot, Eskdale has decent food and very good beer, haven't stayed there though.
Bridge Inn at Santon - good food and beer again - closer to Wasdale Head than the Burnmoor.
Personally I think the Wasdale Head Inn is a little overrated - if you were thinking of that one.
There's a couple at Nether Wasdale too.

darksky

• Veteran Member
« Reply #3 on: 19:24:22, 18/09/07 »
Hi

I'm planning a short trip to the Lakes to walk Scafell with my son, maximum two night stay. Has anyone got a good experience of a B&B, preferably within 10 miles of Wasdale Head? Our last trip to Snowdon was slightly dented by a not very nice bunkhouse, so any help welcome!

Cheers
Tim
why not camp?theres some great sites plus your son would love it''maybe''? just a suggestion. B+B's  sorry i dont use them.
'''get out there and experience as much as you can its beautiful and have yourself alotta fun doing it'''

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy