Author Topic: Waterproof jacket  (Read 3150 times)

ukmase

• Veteran Member
Waterproof jacket
« on: 22:32:05, 18/12/07 »
Can i have peoples opinions on the Paramo Cascada waterproof jacket.

summitzero

• Veteran Member
Re: Waterproof jacket
« Reply #1 on: 10:40:17, 21/12/07 »
Yes you may  ;D

If for use in this country then it is very good for 'gen' walking, even more so when you consider the price with some discount Mase  O0

I like the Paramo Smock and the rab Latok Jacket but the 'Cas' is a bit warmer than the Rab one  O0

hope it helps Mase
Are we there yet ?   http://walkingforlife.piczo.com

ukmase

• Veteran Member
« Reply #2 on: 10:46:21, 22/12/07 »
So would you say it is more suitable for winter walking and will it keep me dry.

That coat I had on in Langdale kept me very warm, but it got damp inside the arms pretty quickly.

Mr. Blister

• Veteran Member
« Reply #3 on: 10:49:42, 22/12/07 »
Bejesus!!!  :o

Look at the prices!!! The men's Aspira jacket is advertised as £200!!

My Berghaus jacket cost me £125 two years ago, and I'm still sulking about that!  :)

muymalestado

« Reply #4 on: 13:44:49, 22/12/07 »
Wife swears by Cas in cooler weather.  She heats up in it, but is ALWAYS dry.
I think this next one will be the top ...

summitzero

• Veteran Member
« Reply #5 on: 20:28:52, 23/12/07 »
You will stay dry forever and ever in it. Also unlike other jackets (sorry MrB ) Paramo are really good in their aftersales, i.e; restiching, fixing rips ect and all at acheap cost  O0

Mr. Blister

• Veteran Member
« Reply #6 on: 09:57:55, 24/12/07 »
You will stay dry forever and ever in it. Also unlike other jackets (sorry MrB ) Paramo are really good in their aftersales, i.e; restiching, fixing rips ect and all at acheap cost  O0

Don't apologise to me, brother, I've had no problem with my Berghaus (other than the initial cost) - still waterproof, no problem with stitching, zips all fandabby.  Still, thinking back on it, it is more of a town jacket, and so when it comes to purchasing a new one I will be more selective and cautious.

The one thing about this forum is that it makes me doubt every piece of equipment I own: boots, jacket, trousers, even flask.  All of it is now in question.  :-\

summitzero

• Veteran Member
« Reply #7 on: 12:13:53, 27/12/07 »
Mr B Its not the gear thats important its the person wearing it  O0 and you are more than average when it comes to the outdoors  O0 O0

All the Best for 2008

Paul

walkinggirluk

• Veteran Member
« Reply #8 on: 17:38:29, 27/12/07 »
Have you tried looking round at other Jackets the montane superfly xt  one is another good one that out there at the moment.   Check this site out

www.winwood-outdoor.co.uk

these use to be £220:00 pounds when they frist came out they come down in price a lot.  Also a lot of people are converting to event I'll but some information up for you on the jacket.

eVENT® Super-Fly XT Jacket
Lightweight, super breathable, technical alpine waterproof jacket

Building on the strengths of the multi award winning Super-Fly, the Super-Fly XT is engineered for extreme use when heightened protection and durability is required.

The breathability of the Super-Fly XT is unsurpassed by any other waterproof jacket on the market today. Combining innovative technical features with lightweight reinforced construction makes it an ideal garment for winter climbing, long winter backpacking trips and outdoor professional use.
peace and tranquillity in the countryside. clean your rubbish up after you  respect it.

clean it bin it

ukmase

• Veteran Member
« Reply #9 on: 19:21:22, 27/12/07 »
Checked put the site W\G looks good, i like the look of the montane. The Paramo isn't very stylish, but has great reviews.

Shame they dont do boxing day sales similar to a furniture shop  ;D

walkinggirluk

• Veteran Member
« Reply #10 on: 00:59:44, 28/12/07 »
I personnel think it's about looking a round to find the right jacket you're after.  Try a few out first see what comfortable and fit's easy, but also see what there up to within waterproofing and breathable price range is also good wether you can afford the cheap range or not,  plus that's way we have these forum's to disguss thing's like this and everyone will gave you different advice on different jacket's from the expensive to the cheap gear, it what you feel comfortable with at the end of the day, and what you can afford that matters.  the best of the best may fault you a long a walk but buying the cheap stuff may not let you down.  I find this a long my way of the great out door's,  just read up on thing's and buy copy of a magazine which dose reviews on things like this.
peace and tranquillity in the countryside. clean your rubbish up after you  respect it.

clean it bin it

yetanotherben

« Reply #11 on: 16:23:48, 18/01/08 »

...a very respectable jacket.  Good choice for general walking - but maybe not as hardwearing as others?  Would like to know what you think to that...maybe not good for scrambling or more close contact with the natural environment?!

Ben
"Walking is man's best medicine..."
Hippocrates (460 BC - 377 BC)

"Walking is man's and woman's best medicine..." or should it be "Walking is men's and women's best medicine..."???
Ben (1983 AD - Present Day)

http://www.cheaptents.com [nofollow] - Camping Equipment & Outdoor Shop

winter walker

« Reply #12 on: 21:56:57, 20/03/08 »
Paramo load of rubbish >:(

Walking in Scotland last year in heavy rain coats leaked like mad

Phoned and sent back coats to paramo to have it retreated still leaked

Trying to get my money back

Go for RAB event

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy