Author Topic: Anyone want to swap...  (Read 1386 times)

g7vgg

Anyone want to swap...
« on: 02:16:34, 08/01/08 »
...one ot two long length Army 58 pattern sleeping bags for one or two normal length ones?
I did'nt realise they came in different lengths when I bought them so I assumed they would fit me but they turned out to be too short for me and my Son (we are both about 6 foot tall) and normal length size is for people up to around 5 foot 6 inches tall. (Perfect for most women, and taller kids)
Both are in excellent, as new condition and though one has some identifying markings written on the hood by the soldier they were originally issued to, of course that wont effect the performance of the sleeping bag.
The down-filled (feathers) 58 pattern (mummy-style) sleeping bags were the warmest sleeping bags ever issued to the British Army going down to a minimum of minus 20'C with a comfort rating of minus 12'C and the design proved so popular and successful that it remained virtually unchanged, apart perhaps from the addition of some velcro fastenings here and there, from 1958 right up till 1995!...From 1995 the Army switched to the Soldier 95 design, using conventional artificial fibre filling, which is'nt as warm (comfort rating of S95 bags only goes down to minus 10'C)and it uses a more fiddely and time consuming stuff bag.
Both of my 58 pattern bags were made in 1974.
They can be rolled up very quickly and conveniently they fold up into their outer hoods so there is no need for a fiddely and time consuming stuff sack.
Both the bottom and outer hood are fully waterproof, so no need for a bivy bag as long as your lying under a tarp or basha.
They were manufactured for the Army by two different companies but the ones made C.Q.C were known to be superior in quality..Both of mine are made by C.Q.C.
Used ones in the same condition as mine go for between £40-£60, but if anyone is interested I will accept a mere £25 each.

ukmase

• Veteran Member
Re: Anyone want to swap...
« Reply #1 on: 22:07:52, 09/01/08 »
6ft 2, so cant help ya  ;D

summitzero

• Veteran Member
Re: Anyone want to swap...
« Reply #2 on: 18:58:54, 13/01/08 »
Not my size sorry

BUT i thought, what about a for sale/swap section in the forum ????????
Are we there yet ?   http://walkingforlife.piczo.com

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy