Author Topic: Hadrian’s wall in 4 days  (Read 2538 times)

Livvy

Hadrian’s wall in 4 days
« on: 12:33:42, 09/04/19 »
Hi everyone

Very new to the forum. I am looking at doing a 4 day walk of Hadrians wall (the entire thing) and I was wondering if anyone else had and if they could suggest how to break up the sections?

Any info would be greatly received.

Many thanks,
Liv

bricam2096

• Veteran Member
Re: Hadrian’s wall in 4 days
« Reply #1 on: 14:32:16, 09/04/19 »
Hi, I did mine in 5 days but my final 2 days could have been done in one day, the problem was getting back from the end as the busses are not frequent. I did it this way...

Start at Wallsend to Heddon, a day almost all on tarmac
Heddon to Once Brewed (youth hostel) long day but pretty flat until the last few miles,
Once Brewed to Walton (a bunkhouse)
Walton to Carlisle
Carlisle to the end.

You can read more about my walk and the distances etc here.... http://www.brians-walks.co.uk/hadrians-wall.html
LDWs done - 32 in total including 16 National Trails and 3 C2C

Wainwrights 176
www.brians-walks.co.uk

BlaBla

« Reply #2 on: 21:38:46, 24/04/19 »
Hello - we were three and walked comfortably in 3 days from Boswell to Segedunum last May, taking a peak at Newcastle -upon-Tyne and the norrth sea the following morning.
Here are our details:  tiny.cc/Hadrians  
See also the marathon runner who we kept stumbling over: he started at the same time and we met him several times - which opts for an interesting discussion on the benefits of walking

beefy

• Veteran Member
« Reply #3 on: 22:27:13, 24/04/19 »
Hello - we were three and walked comfortably in 3 days from Boswell to Segedunum last May, taking a peak at Newcastle -upon-Tyne and the norrth sea the following morning.
Here are our details:  tiny.cc/Hadrians  
See also the marathon runner who we kept stumbling over: he started at the same time and we met him several times - which opts for an interesting discussion on the benefits of walking
Try this

https://photos.google.com/share/AF1QipPiCJRM6PmToFd6MWgG90mkL_aXtSTH_4w0q8dUl22MB4KZPrBSqWDpQ3Uk5w0uXQ?key=bzVyc3Q1cVhPRzVmZC1zN2k2azVxNGZwRU1TQThR
Leave only footprints, take only photographs, kill only time ...

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy