Author Topic: Ballachulish query  (Read 1572 times)

henryb

• Veteran Member
Ballachulish query
« on: 17:20:09, 14/11/16 »
I'm thinking of planning a walking holiday in Ballachulish next year. I'm fully reliant on public transport using citylink coaches. Ideally I'd like to have my evening meal in the village within walking distance of the accommodation. Apart from Laroch restaurant which I know of, are there any other restaurants in the village?

sparnel

• Veteran Member
Re: Ballachulish query
« Reply #1 on: 17:49:10, 14/11/16 »
There is a good choice of eating places in the area, easily do-able on foot or by a local taxi (cheap).
The Laroch Pub & Restaurant has a Michelin Star rating and right next door is an excellent fish & chip shop called Quarriers Kitchen.  They also do great pizzas!   The local hotel near the jetty in Ballachulish is the Isles of Glencoe Hotel.
Near the village is the Loch Leven Hotel, the Glencoe Gathering & the excellent Loch Leven Sea Food Restaurant.   Hope this helps.

« Last Edit: 17:58:13, 14/11/16 by sparnel »

Roger

« Reply #2 on: 17:55:04, 14/11/16 »
It has been a very, very long time since I've been in here, but the food was excellent.

http://www.lochlevenhotel.co.uk/

henryb

• Veteran Member
« Reply #3 on: 20:45:40, 14/11/16 »
Thanks folks for these suggestions :) ; Sparnel - would the nearest taxi service be Glencoe taxi? Also, is there garages in the village where I can buy water, sandwiches etc? Thanks, Henry

sparnel

• Veteran Member
« Reply #4 on: 21:14:08, 14/11/16 »
There are two folk offering taxi services in Ballachulish. The Quarry Centre is the visitor centre and they do sandwiches, drinks, meals, etc, sit in or take away. There is also a Co-op.
I can't understand folk buying water...........we have some of the purest water in the UK straight from the mountains right out the tap! Anyway, the Quarry Centre & the co-op will gladly sell you water...............

henryb

• Veteran Member
« Reply #5 on: 18:20:16, 15/11/16 »
Thanks Sparnel; can I ask what walks are available from Ballachulish village without needing transport - high and low level? Thanks, Henry

sparnel

• Veteran Member
« Reply #6 on: 07:55:33, 17/11/16 »
Hello  -  I think I've mentioned walks in this area B4 when you were coming to Glencoe.  There are books & booklets in the visitor centre describing lots of local walks. Plenty to chose from..............

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy